Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have one for a 20 Ga 1100 will that help you out. It is one of the named ones schwab or Spears I cannot remember which. I will dig it out and look at it. It was supposed to fit a 1100 20ga skeet gun. Rick Gibbs

·
Registered
825 Posts
Here is what I have, I dug it out. It is marked Schwab on the top of the release hook itself. On the side of the trigger group it is stamped Schwab Findlay O With the numbers 8 and 83 stamped on the same side. The safety has been plugged, and the unset feature has been enlarged.

It was built for a 20 GA 1100, but was never installed into the gun. I don't know if this will work, but I do want to get rid of it. Let me know. Rick Gibbs

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Rick. It won't work, it's a larger trigger. I've never seen a 20gauge release for an 1100. Schwab made good release triggers for the 1100, but I don't think he's still alive. I think you've got something very valuable.

·
Registered
79 Posts
A few years ago I watched Allen Timney take a 12 ga 1100 all steel pull trigger, remove the shell lifter and replace it with a 28 ga shell lifter for my Sporting 28. The receiver is relieved so that any 1100 trigger will fit with the shell lifter for the correct gauge.

gkinla

·
Registered
825 Posts
Dick, do you know of any one that might be interested in it? I bought the package for another item mainly and I got another set of 20ga 1100 wood, and the 20ga release. My PM is on if you wish tol contact me that way. RG

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I can think of a couple guys at my club that might like it, and if I could find a Remington 1100 sporting clays gun, I'd buy it myself.
I think if you just posted it for sale, it wouldn't last a week.

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
buy the 20 gauge trigger and swap out the hamme and release sear. I believe they are all the same. then you will have a 20 gauge pull and a 410 release.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.