Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have one that was my Grandfathers cased but missing the screwdriver. Mint, 1965 or so.

Gun Broker has 10.

If you find one, I will buy the screwdriver from you. Bob

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Thanks to you guys I got the urge to dig mine out of the safe for a little fondling, LOL.

Ain't she perty?

-Gary

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gary,

Haven't shot mine in 35 years! Just oil it up every year (after wiping off the drooooool) and put her back. Yup they are special!

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Sorry, Gary -- it took me a long time to find one in the condition I wanted, so I'm gonna keep her. I hope you find a fair deal on a nice one too. Good luck.

Joe: Yeah, mine is pretty much a Safe Queen too.

-Gary

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW!!! Click on the URL above...

Gary,

There's a pristine 100% Medalist on GunBroker for $1295!!!

I didn't realize they had appreciated that much!!! Best "investment" I ever made...should have bought MORE!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got mine in '75 BEFORE I got married...my worst fear is that my wife sells off my toys for what I told her I paid for them!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just walked out of Cabela's gun library and was fondling such a beauty as your seeking! Cabela's in Dundee, MI has it. It's MINT. I don't know about the rest of the items that go with it though. You may have to call and ask or look for it online in the "gun library" section. I'd call if I were you. They're asking $949.
I'm looking for a S&W Mod. 41 but, dang, I'm tempted! If it has all the extras, I would JUMP on that one.

Just trying to help.

Dave

·
Registered
715 Posts
I had to go make sure I still had mine. Has xxxxt2 serial for 1962 I guess.
dang, now I need a screwdriver and a deflector pin!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Do any of you still have the pin that deflects the spent shell downward? I lost mine years ago. I could make one out of a drill bit but haven't done so yet.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Darn, why is the image quality so poor?

These scans look much better on my computer than they do in this post.

-Gary

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
$1300-$1500 for a Medalist .22? Ridiculous, right? It's easy to scoff at prices like these. I mean, the Medalist sold for $120 back in the 60s and you could still find a very nice one ten years ago for $700.

But the fact is, I wouldn't even consider selling mine for $1300. Hell, that doesn't even buy a really nice Python anymore. There's a nice Python (or ten of them) at every gun show you go to, but when was the last time you saw a 98% Medalist with the complete kit, screwdriver, weights and all, plus the original display case with the keys? Pretty rare. Even if you saw one recently, the material on the outside corners of the display case was probably worn through or the pistol's forearm/grips were nicked.

And remember -- as Grandpa and we baby boomers hand off the last pristine examples of these beauties to the slacker generation, they are not likely to be as well taken care of. In ten years finding a 98% Medalist for $2000 will probably be a miracle.

Based on all of this, I don't think $1300-$1500 is out of line. JMHO.

-Gary

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.