Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Need a set for a 25-06 Ackley improved. PM me with what you have. Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
You can use lee collet neck sizers for most Ackley rounds. It's what I use for my 30-06 Ackley. Works for me and I didn't have to buy the expensive Ackley dies. I do have to rotate the hull and squeeze it again to get a good grip on the bullet though(in the directions for the dies.)

Andrew

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finding them cheap seems to be a real problem! They seem to go for about 55 a set used on E_bay. Jeff

·
Premium Member
12,298 Posts
I think your ebay complaint is perhaps 'off' a bit when new dies sell for 145...

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was not complaining and how you can get "Complaint" from my post is a mystery to me. I was stating what items sell for on EBay. Midway is overpriced by 50.00 as RCBS will ship them straight from the factory for 102.00!

Midway has Reddings for 82.00! So... If you have a set of used dies, let me know but please keep he stupid non sense to yourself as you have no idea what you are talking about.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Before you take "RCBS will ship them" as gospel, you'd better call RCBS. They are manufacturing items strictly to fill the largest backorders they have and something like an Ackley Improved die set likely is not a high-demand item. For example, my contact at ATK Corporation told me a few months ago that .38 Super dies were nowhere on the production horizon along with their Pro2000 progressive metallic cartridge loader. I bought a Dillon XL650 because I was told that I wouldn't see an RCBS Pro2000 for at least nine months.

After reading the prices above, I visited MidwayUSA to see them with my own eyes because I bought .243AI and .280AI dies sets just a few years ago from MidwayUSA for half what they sell for - well, go on backorder for - now. In fact, I bought two-die sets along with a neck sizer for less than a two-die set sells for now!

Wow.

Ed

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke with Huntingtons sporting goods in Oriville, California? Good enough Ed? Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts