Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 8 pounder of IMR 800X and 12 pounds of International Clays that I would like to trade for a powder that will give me faster loads. 1300+ I'm located in Southern IL/IN area

·
Registered
29 Posts
25 grains 800X with 1 1/8 works great when shooting games at 40 yards. It's just a little dirty. Not very clean burning.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
International for 1oz loads and 800X for 1 1/8oz or 1 1/4oz are just about optimal powders for what you need. You can easily exceed 1300fps. with these powders. Other powders that come to mind are Longshot, WSF. or 4756 but there is not much of a trade off.

Robert

E

·
0 Posts
gncc600,

What neck of the woods do you hail from? I've been known to spend a little time down that away.

If you ever get a chance to come to Spencer's shoot, do so. They shoot on the first and third Saturdays.

ec90t

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually shoot at Vincennes, Oaktown, Round Grove, and Robinson. I didnt get to shoot much this year but I didn't miss much last year. I have not been to spencer but I might have to check it out. I'm pretty much a weekend shooter only these days with work taking my entire week up. But hey anyone who has a job right now needs to hold on to it. Thanks for the invite.

I'm looking to push 1 1/8oz. Mainly for games where long shots have to be made. I have tried longshot in the past and have had bad luck with it. Its a bit much for what I want. It seems like its hard to find something in between 1250-1350 range. I would like to keep the pressure down around 10k-11k so I don't like pushing 800X or International to 1300fps.

E

·
0 Posts
I used to go over and shoot Round Grove on Monday's. I was one of the bunch that would come over from Indy. I work so late these days that I can't get over there much anymore. I still see Jim and Roger every once in a while. I might go to Robinson on New Years day if the weather isn't too bad. I shot with Charly in one of the pics @ Bogard the night before Thanksgiving.

Look up info on Universal Clays for a 1 1/8 oz load. You'll find some published loads for the speed you want. It shoots fairly soft, but is a bit dirty.

ec90t

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.