Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for useable copies of Firearms Assembly and Dissasembly, Rimfire Rifles.Volumes 1,2,and 3. by J.B. Wood if you have one or ? for sale please pm me with the info.

I may be interested in other firearms drawing, and/or Gunsmithing books. Thankyou! Richard

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I found Part III on Amazon for $555.00 plus $3.99 shipping. What's up with that? I have a copy that is not for sale, that I found at a used book store a few years ago for $6. My gun book collection may be worth more than I thought!

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
Some gunshops have the most ridiculous prices. I've been purchasing out of print books lately, and have been paying between $5 and $15 for them. Yet some book stores have these same books prices from $50 to $175. It's insane.

Are there rare books that demand staggering prices? Yes, because of rarity and demand. But the ones I ordered certainly did not fall into that category.

One things that can be done is to use the ILL service (Inter-Library Loan). Just go to your local library with the name of the book, the author and if possible the ISBN and they'll check a network of participating libraries and have the book sent to them. You can then check it out like any library book. I've done this to gleen info from books that have been out of print for decades and are commanding prices in the $400 to $600 range.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brian, I have used that library service and am happy such a service exist. In this instance I'm trying to help a young fellow get into gunsmithing, He has great mechanical talent and the desire to learn.

I gave him my library and am going to buy several books from a poster that responded to this thread. There are more rimfire rifles in Ohio than shot guns and this book search will hopefully yield this book. Thanks, Richard

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Whiz, That is a great help. I would still like to find this book. I located one on the net for $99.00 plus shipping. I'm not that interested but I would go $40.00. Richard

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am still lokking for this book and Possibly any other gunsmithing books and tools. Thankyou! Richard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.