AA28 gauge hulls" that look like this when he opens it.<br>
<br>
Michael

</body>

</html>

·
Registered
12,447 Posts
Wow, just think a little, running them through a MEC or PW they load just fine.

they come out Round and with a nice crimp.

Hope you got them for FREE?

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Were they described as "pristine" or "minty"?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
OK Guys, all said, I recently found once fired in the barn, only God knows how long they been there. The steel around the primer cup has rusted and migrated to the brass of the hull. Does this cause any problem other than cosmetic?
DaveB Ohio

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
It makes the primer come out real hard, and the loader jumps on the bench, spilling shot out of the just filled one.

the shot gets in your sizing collet, and you can't pull the handle all the way down.

One of the bb's gets in the primer seater and the primer goes BANG very loud.

Your wife gets really mad because of the stain in your shorts. You have to eat TV dinners for a week.

There is no end to the hassle you create with those shells. If they are 28 gauge I will take care of them so you don't have to eat TV dinners for a week.

HM

·
Registered
313 Posts
At one time in my shooting years ago I would take hulls like those that I picked up myself, deprime them and then put them through the rinse cycle in the washing machine and then put them in a pillow case and dry them. Loaded them several times after that with not a problem.

I would have a problem though if I bought them being told they were pristine.

I used to even pick up shot wads from in front of the trap house and do the same with them. It was the only way I could afford to shoot at that time and as Long as I used the wads on the 16 yard line it never made any difference on my scores.

Ross Randall

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Look once fired to me, just been trampled on! Now you know the importance of "never been on the ground" or "from chamber to my pocket" in the description of the hulls being sold. Shouldn't be necessary to have to ask, but unfortunately it is.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
I burned about 15K old style AA's with some Federal GM's and Peters Blue Magic's thrown in.....gave thousands away but then nobody else wanted any so it was into my burning barrel.

Ron Burr

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Yep....those sure look pristine & minty. Good one Brian.

Seller probably only sells to "good homes." (background check required)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn guys. Yall sure are ready to read between the lines stir up another "he said she said" thread.

I picked up most of these hulls last summer at a sporting clay shoot. I forgot I had already separated the rejects, so when I opened the box I didn't find the "pristine minty" hulls I expected. Didn't cry but I did wince a time or two or 253.

I probably would not bother with them if they were not once-fired 28's, but most will be ok after bit of work with a wooden dowel and getting loaded one time.

Michael

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Matt, You are a brown noser, but my wife loved your comment!

Trust me, if you try the washer/dryer thing....make sure the bag is tied tight, real tight.

Been there, done that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts