Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very clean 870 single shot trap. Pretty wood, some bluing wear, but not bad. Wood is very nice. These were the old kind that had the single shot with the gas relief to reduce felt recoil. Wish to know its realistic value on resale to private party.

Thanks

G

·
I've had a few of those over the years. Sounds like the one you're descibing is in about 90% condition. A good shooter is worth between $350-$500. This is assumeing that there are no cracks in the receiver (from shooting the gun with the barrel nut loose) and all the piston parts are there.

ec90t

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, no cracks, wood nice, receiver nice, all piston parts there. Shooting the gun is like a trip to yesteryear. I'm open to trades for anything of equal value, say an obsolete Reminton 90-T, a Perrazi TM1, an Ithica 4E or something like that. I also used to work for P.T. Barnum.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Chango, a lot depends on whether the choke has been worked on. Untouched the gun may fetch $550 or $600. The choke should measure about 0.038 or so down from a bore close to 0.738. If the choke has been opened the price drops like a stone to three or three and a half if you can sell it at all.

Neil

·
Registered
96 Posts
Chango2,
If you are interested, I have a Ruger Blackhawk 357 mag in stainless steal
(non fluted cylinder) with 6-1/2" barrel, I would trade for the 870 comp.
Sincerely,
Joe S.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all; this is a very clean shooter and the barrel is stock. I'll likely hang on to the gun and try and scrounge some parts that might wear out over the years...but I really don't plan to shoot the gun much at all...IMO, Remington ought to bring these things back as an alternative to the 391 trap, and the 1100 trap. Bet they'd sell..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.