Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been thinking I want to get a wooden grip made for my beretta 687.

Here is what I am thinking. I have a 687 SP eell combo and the wood stock absolutely hammers my face no matter what I do to it. I have been told it looks like a left handed stock. Well I have been shooting a pfs on it and have been thinking I would like to have the stock made into a pfs grip and wondered if someone could do that. If I am thinking right doing this will fix the issue with it being left handed and would match my the wood on the forearm. I also would like the adjustable comb used also.

Please email if you can do this or if you know someone to put me in contact with.

Thanks, Herman from KY

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
Herman, why don't you find a local painter (high end) and have him paint and woodgrain your pfs, your grip and comb to match the best you can. This way you can sell gun at a later date with the orginal wood!!! You can still find some of these painters here and there and can match your forestock wood right on. To totally hack up a good EELL stock for just the grip sounds like it will cost you alot at both ends of the deal. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I have used and highly recommend Stocker John Fittinger for wood PFS grips. He is in OR. 503-668-1938 or 971-570-6597.

JON

·
Registered
327 Posts
Herman63,

There is a guy on Long Island, NY - Jim Olivant of Highland Crest Stock Fitters who makes a complete wood grip and comb for the precision fit stock. He was probably the first doing wood grips for the pfs and has been making them for many people for a number of years. I've seen 4 or 5 of his and they're Beautiful! Nice to Exhibition wood, excellent checkering great work. He's a really great guy too.

e-mail: [email protected]
phone : 631.648.8289

Shoot safely, well and often!
Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.