Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Are you looking for "modern" or vintage. I have a 39a made in 1945, conventional rifling, old weaver scope on side mount, buckhorn rear sight. Stock and forend are fine with finish starting to "check". Solid overall. Good walnut without all the Marlin crappy checkering.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I am looking for a 60's - 70's model in good working order and "decent" condition. I am not really interested in anything newer with the cross bolt safety.

Would you happen to have a picture of your 1945?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Greetings from Maine!

I have a Marlin 39a made in 1941; it's in almost excellent condition and all original...no scope, drilled holes, etc. It has the "B" prefix that you can research in the Blue Book.

We are visiting a daughter now and I do not have the asking price with me. I'll be home tonight and feel free to call.

Tel: 207-442-9769.

Thanks!

Dick Bloxam

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of the replies and contact information. I hit all of the shops in the area and found a several to compare. I found a very nice newer 39a that I was ready to buy and then I ended up choosing a Henry with a 4x Weaver.

The used Henry w/scope was less than half the price of the 39a with open sights. I know it's step down in quality but it will serve the purpose very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.