Trapshooters Forum banner

Wanenmachers Tulsa Gun Show

2574 Views 25 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  gcbailey
Wanenmachers gun show in Tulsa Oklahoma is this weekend.April 9 -10-and 11.
It is one of the largest gun shows in the Midwest.The weather in Oklahoma is nice at this time of the year.
I don’t expect many bargains with today’s hoarders and gougers.
When looking at gun broker /guns America I cannot believe how many stupid people there are who would pay these prices.It might turn out to be just a walking exercise for me.
Reactions: N Bare
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
5,684 Posts
Wanenmachers gun show in Tulsa Oklahoma is this weekend.April 9 -10-and 11.
It is one of the largest gun shows in the Midwest.The weather in Oklahoma is nice at this time of the year.
I don’t expect many bargains with today’s hoarders and gougers.
When looking at gun broker /guns America I cannot believe how many stupid people there are who would pay these prices.It might turn out to be just a walking exercise for me.
If you are there on the 9th, you will be alone, or a vendor setting up.
Just sayin

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Friday is setup day at noon..Dealers buying from dealers.no crowds. Easy looking for the things you want to buy..Sometimes a few guys will buy a table just to sell their unwanted stuff.I purchased a few trap guns over the years from private sellers.

· Registered
5,684 Posts
Friday is setup day at noon..Dealers buying from dealers.no crowds. Easy looking for the things you want to buy..Sometimes a few guys will buy a table just to sell their unwanted stuff.I purchased a few trap guns over the years from private sellers.
But, no public until Saturday morning, correct? I would love to come and beat the neck beards all day long.

· Registered
5,684 Posts
They’s gonna have spies in the crowd watching for all them gun show loop-hole things Timn. Better be careful. I’ll be there Saturday morning. Don’t need a dang thing, son just wants to meet me there. I’d like to guffaw and make fun of those trying to gouge on primers and powder.

· Registered
495 Posts
If it's like it used to be you cannot see the whole thing in two days if you actually look at anything. I never bought anything there but knicknacks tho, the gun prices were only crazy but that's most guns shows anyway so no surprise there.

· Registered
5,684 Posts
I noticed those attending other gun shows and auctions comment prices insanely crazy so Tulsa will be prove a new level has been established in the firearms market,
Nope. I only went with son, he was looking for a Glock 43X or something like that. We were in at 8:00, out by 9:30. Really wanted to go by and see whizbang, it’ll have to be next time. But I did see Winchester small rifle primers at the bargain basement price of $1,000 per sleeve of 5,000. He was running the used car line on me that if I didn’t take them he had a dealer that was coming by to buy them all. I told him that I had some i’d sell him for half that price and he could still make money, and I’d double my money too. He didn’t laugh.

Seriously, the last time I bought primers from Powder Valley I paid about $600 for 20,000. Interesting times we live in.

· Registered
1,319 Posts
On Friday by 11.00 o'clock I already sold three guns so I went on the hunt to find something to buy. Didn't take long and I found and bought a early 1975 Remington 1100 straight stock Trap.The gun was used but not abused. Asking price of 450.00 paid 400.00.Seller told me to come back Saturday as he would bring two Timiney triggers plus two more barrels he wanted to get rid of. Bought those items at a very reasonable price. Not far from my table I bought 20 boxes of Nitro 27s for six dollars a box. Saturday morning I bought the two barrels and triggers. Sold two more guns and some 22 ammo. Before I left on Saturday before the show closed for the day I bought a Winchester model 12 Pigeon grade at least a 99% gun or better I am guessing a 1963 three pin with beautiful Monte Carlo wood. I will try to post some pictures when I get some time. All in all I had good luck in selling and very good luck in buying and a very good show.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.