Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walmart

Stopped in Wally world this morning for some 20 gauge loads, and found that they had Remington STS Nitro 27's for 6.27 per box. Only 12 gauge 1235. I bought them out. This was in New Braunfels Texas.
William

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
Damn, they are giving the place away ... Did you check out HEB, they usually have better prices or so I was told by some guy who is a greeter for them ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Now Bill, If you bought them out.....why bother telling the rest of us poor souls about what we missed out on.

Rick in Mt.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes sir! I bought out 2 Wal Marts here in South Louisiana. I talked to the manager about ordering more but she didn't seem to want to do it.....

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
If you guys want to optimize you search time just call the stores you wish to check. Ask for the sporting goods department. Give them the number under the Bar Code in the picture.

Ask if they have any in stock and what the price is. It will save a lot of running around.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
286 Posts
This is in South Louisiana! Unfortunately they only had 9 boxes of 7.5's and 9 boxes of 8's. Yes I bouth all of them and then drove across town and bought them out as well. I have noticed that not all of the wal-marts have this price. Not sure why.
Tom

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Wal Mart will also price match. I believe you must provide advertised proof though.

Matt

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey Matt,
I tried that! They will only price match if it is another (non walmart) store! Manager said that they don't compete with other walmarts. Whatever that means!

But I bet Academy would match the price, if they had the same ammo in stock! My Academy did not have these in stock when I went by.
T

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Skeetman77, thanks for posting the picture. I was going to post a picture of my receipt, so people would believe me. Take care,

William

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Tom--I didn't know that. I have actually bought shells at Wal Mart for less using another stores ad. My particular Wal Mart is pretty competitive on their shotgun shells. Rarely will you find them cheaper somewhere else. I wasn't sure how that would work put'n store against store. Oh well, was worth a try right?

Matt

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes sir it was worth a try. The manager at that particular Wal-Mart was a Jerk. I will try again at another wal-mart when I get a chance!
Tom

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I called the local Walmart and the girl that I talked to in the gun department did not even know what Remington STS are. So I told her where to find them but they are $7.97 a box. She says they do not match other Walmart's prices.
Don

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I called my store and the person said flat out that they did not have any 12 gauge ammo. I asked five times whether he was sure and he said that they did not have any.

Not believing him, I went to the store and wouldn't you know it, they had a full shelf of 12ga in 10 different varieties. No STS, but plenty of 12 gauge.

His saving grace that day was that I didn't find him when I was there otherwise I would have taken the time to drag his ass to the manager and see to it that he's fired. I realize that Walmart does not hire the cream of the crop, but if you are going to be 100% useless then he doesn't even deserve that job.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.