Trapshooters Forum banner

Walmart Shell's

11K views 100 replies 44 participants last post by  Pull & Mark 
#1 ·
Scored 16 Federal 4 packs yesterday. Price is now
up to $7.71 per box tax in. Left 4 for someone else.

#3 ·
I have not seen a Federal Walmart 4-pack in over 2 months now. I keep checking, but I did score a bunch of Win. Super Targets in my favorite one oz. loads. I have to wonder if its because Federal is now selling 12 ga. and 20 ga. shells directly to the consumer by direct shipping to their homes. Since they are charging 11 bucks a box which includes the shipping. I expect Federal is making far more profits selling shells this way. Meanwhile, I keep checking the stores by me. break em all jeff

#23 ·
I had a friend bring me some 20ga Winchester AA ammo from Walmart a few years back. I noticed that instead of the typical printing on the shell, it just had AA. I shot some of it and noticed more recoil and more smoke. I checked and found the barrel quite dirty. It is clear that Walmart is able to order ammunition that is sub-standard and not the same as Winchester AA ammo bought at other locations.

#24 ·
I bought AA’s for years from Walmart and never had that problem.

First, I doubt Winchester has two price levels or run two separate lines of AA’s. The cost of doing so would not be worth it. I cannot believe Winchester would package a substandard product with their AA brand all over, no matter who the retailer was. Their Super Sport and Universal line is the cheaper Winchester products.

Second, it could be you happened to get a bad production lot, or the shells were quite old.

#33 · (Edited)
Yes,, “it is amazing how far people will go to believe what they want to believe.” Down right hilarious when they say it or put in print. Walmart does pressure brand names to produce products under Walmart generic labels, but Winchester is not going to package inferior grade shells in the AA boxes.

#36 ·
Never had a issue with name brand products at Wal mart more than anyplace else. But once Sam was gone the corporate picture changed and I buy less there. The town in Illinois I went to High School let Wal mart build and it closed down all the small businesses as they (town) new it would with the garantee to stay from Wal mart. Now they are gone and all that is left is a Dollar General and grocery store. So tax revenue is going out of town and jobs are gone

#38 ·
That is a pattern that has happened throughout the U.S. Walmart comes in, builds with tax incentives, offers lower prices which displace existing business and then cannot sustain itself... closes and leaves the towns in worse shape...

Dollar General, Family Dollar and other "dollar" stores are "cheap", but you have to watch the unit pricing...

Reactions: ganger
#37 ·
I have been very surprised at how many people defend Walmart. We have all seen small towns taken over, and family owned business closed down. It is common knowledge that Walmart can place and order so big, with a price limit, that almost any product can be made, second rate, to fill the order. I wonder if people feel guilty for shopping there. Some of the reaction will be almost violent, with personal insults. It is ironic to see the ultra cheap, Dollar General taking over. China will not need ballistic missiles to take us over, they will buy us out.

#39 · (Edited)
It is not a case of protecting Walmart, it is a case of you saying, believing and trying to convince others of a bunch of nonsense about Winchester.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.