Trapshooters Forum banner
41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
25,663 Posts
Yes,, “it is amazing how far people will go to believe what they want to believe.” Down right hilarious when they say it or put in print. Walmart does pressure brand names to produce products under Walmart generic labels, but Winchester is not going to package inferior grade shells in the AA boxes.
5 days +50 posts. Guys speedy. And opinionated.

Reactions: entropy

·
Registered
K-80 K-20 Perazzi A400
86 Posts
As I said, criticize Walmart and some people act like you insulted their mother. I have not spent a dollar at Walmart in 20 years. I eat at family owned restaurants. I stay away from Chain stores. When I buy I look for quality, not just the cheapest price. I posted some reasons, I have no intention of changing anyone's habits. Shop where you like, eat where you like, vote for who ever you like, just respect my choices. No reason to get personal. I very much hope you all have a happy holiday with family and friends. I am going to take my wife pheasant hunting today.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
As I said, criticize Walmart and some people act like you insulted their mother. I have not spent a dollar at Walmart in 20 years. I eat at family owned restaurants. I stay away from Chain stores. When I buy I look for quality, not just the cheapest price. I posted some reasons, I have no intention of changing anyone's habits. Shop where you like, eat where you like, vote for who ever you like, just respect my choices. No reason to get personal. I very much hope you all have a happy holiday with family and friends. I am going to take my wife pheasant hunting today.
I don't believe anyone commented on your choices. But you seem hellbent on telling us about them anyway.

·
Registered
34,299 Posts
I don't believe anyone commented on your choices. But you seem hellbent on telling us about them anyway.
No matter how silly they are, like Winchester producing 2 levels of AA’s, putting them in the same box. Think it is time to deploy the “ignore“ button. Yes, choice is good. Choosing the Ignore feature allows us to be protected from the ramblings of the idiotic.

Reactions: ColeInOregon

·
Registered
25,663 Posts
Sounds like the big fish small pond syndrome. He’s been boss Hogg in his place so long he is used to being “correct” even when he’s full of beans. Hits the greater world and gets his nose bumped and doesn’t like it much.

·
Registered
34,299 Posts
5 days +50 posts. Guys speedy. And opinionated.
He probably has something to sell, one of those cheaper versions of the K80, Kreighoff makes and sold only at Walmart. I’ll never see It to buy it.

·
Registered
K-80 K-20 Perazzi A400
86 Posts
OK, I am out. As I said,personal attacks. I just do not understand why it is over a store. If it was a conversation about a sports team, a church or maybe a school I could understand. The Walmart thing is like a cult, I just find that strange. I did not say anything about anyone here, I did not insult any members. I have not implied anything about anyone's way of life or livelihood. ( except perhaps for the person who is a Walmart employee which I apologize for ) It is not a time for argument, it is a day of thanks. I would like to thank everyone on the site who has been accepting of someone new and wish you all great Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I can live with the 3 box limit but have a hard time with the Walmarts that have a 1 box limit.
Now that being said a 4 pack is considered 1 box at these same Walmarts which makes even less sense to me.
The only 4 packs i have ever seen are Federal, 1200 fps, and Estate handicap, I use neither one of them.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Be happy your Walmart carries any shotgun target ammo. I have two very convenient Walmarts and neither ever carries appreciable amounts of shotgun target ammo. I once bought a couple of four-packs of a Federal/Estate light field/target load. A Walmart clerk told me they always get a pallet for dove season. I've checked for several years and never found them.

A friend works near a Walmart in a sales tax free state and he told me he never has problems buying 4-packs. He never stocks up but just stops in on the way home from work and buys a few 4-packs. But I haven't spoken to him since 2019 so I don't know the situation now.

·
Registered
K-80 K-20 Perazzi A400
86 Posts
I suggest that this person refocus and go ahead and buy a PAT Trap for his club and stop worrying about Wal-Mart...especially if he hasn't spent a dollar there in 20+ years...
Once again, it is not a club. I own and operate Skyline Skeet & Trap. I got tired of club politics and built a place to shoot that is peaceful and welcoming.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Show me any business that does not pick a place to build or relocate because of tax incentives. Also, those incentives are offered because of the job creation it generates. Sure some local small businesses will suffer, but the general total outcome has to be better for all involved in the community or the incentives would not be offered. The lower prices will be enjoyed by all who want to enjoy them.

Another thing to think about is the online shopping killing small retail. There is a reason why the big retailers also offer it. Paying lower prices even with shipping to your door. Does not matter if you disagree with it, what matters are the people that do out number those that don’t. That’s business and the way the world is turning. Either hold on, or jump off, it still is your choice.

Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
34,299 Posts
Two hours ago the guy sez: “I’m out.” Then an hour and a half later he’s back trying to force his opinion down our throats.
I ignored.

·
Registered
34,299 Posts
You think he might be one of those from over there? Thinks the world ended when Dayton shut down Vandalia and forced it to move? Very conspiratorial.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts