Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Our local walmart had Federal Premium Plastic 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8 ounce 8s on close out today for $5 a box. Yes I bought all they had. The 3 dram shells in 7 1/2 & 8s and the 2 3/4 dram 7 1/2s were still $7.87.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
They must've had 500 boxes of those on an end cap at the Chico store. I bought 10 and if I like them, I'll go back for more.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Pallets of them at the Grand Walmart, $49.40/ case. Just received a picture of them last night.

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
Last year I bought 250 boxes since they don't sell them in cases. Mixed sizes.

I shoot them for the second shot in doubles and in colder weather. They work just fine

Picked up another 70 boxes tonight

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Pallets of them at the Grand Walmart, $49.40/ case. Just received a picture of them last night.
The guy that sent me these pictures and information from the AIM Shoot at Sparta said the Federal Rep. told him, these shells are Top Gun Target shells put into different packaging. Probably to gain more sales to the hunting shell market, along with the same clay target shooters.

The sign on the pallet stated "Promo".

·
Registered
38 Posts
Second that. I was at Bass Pro the other day talking to the guy about it, and picking up some primers when he told me primers will be affected as well. We will have to go through an FFL for a box of primers just like ammo.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Cherish it now! Gavin Newsom has all the anti gunners believing that banning all ammo sales from discount department stores and ammo background checks will protect us Californians from the pervasive gang violence that has taken over the state. He has done nothing to curb gang shootings and has no will to do it. He just wants to take away our second amendment rights.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
A friend of mine bought a Browning Citori CX yesterday from Cabelas. He shot several patterns with a modified and full choke at 35 yards. Used Federal Dove an Small game and top guns. Don't know why but there was a very noticeable improvement in the patterns with the Dove and Small game shells over the Top Guns especially using the modified choke.

·
Banned
207 Posts
96 in handicap with these shells. they work fine for me. i'd keep buying them but it just so happens that i am finding topguns cheaper.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A friend of mine let me try a box of these in #8's yesterday at the club, I shot a 23 with them, I guess I can miss a few with them just as easy as with AA’s. So I went to two different stores today to get a total of 70 boxes, they didn’t have any in flats.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts