Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The local Walmart’s in my area, Rochester NY, have increased the price of STS single boxes by $1.00. Now they are priced the same as the Winchester AA’s.
Any other area see this ?

·
Registered
32,240 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Forgot to take my Medication today. So Im going to say first Hopefully Ricks just trying to be helpful. BUT Im betting he's doing what a lot of guys on here do. First the post Rick you mention is a thread on Walmart to stop selling ammo. Not price increase on Remington sts shells.
AND MOST IMPORTANT WHAT THE HELL HASNT BEEN TALKED ABOUT ON HERE 10 DIFFERENT TIMES. Just keep scrolling its the gentleman thing to do.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
It was brought up in the previous thread about the price increase on STS and Nitros.
Nitro27man gave a hint to everyone that they will be going up at every Walmart.
All the Walmart’s in my area have already raised the prices.
So if you like them and can still get them for less than $7 you better be doing so, good luck.

·
Registered
32,240 Posts
Forgot to take my Medication today. So Im going to say first Hopefully Ricks just trying to be helpful. BUT Im betting he's doing what a lot of guys on here do. First the post Rick you mention is a thread on Walmart to stop selling ammo. Not price increase on Remington sts shells.
AND MOST IMPORTANT WHAT THE HELL HASNT BEEN TALKED ABOUT ON HERE 10 DIFFERENT TIMES. Just keep scrolling its the gentleman thing to do.

The purpose of my thread was post for information, nothing more. There was a lot of posts in it. When you post a link to a previous thread, you get the whole thing. I know there are a lot of new people here everyday and people who joined long ago, but seldom visit.

Putting up another thread one week after another can do a couple of things, it can retard posters making important points they made before and it can cause for smart ass comments. If I was going to make a rude or smart ass comment, I would have included it in my post. I am not shy. If people do not find my posts helpful, put me on Ignore, that is what the Ignore feature is for.

Yes, the thread was s captioned about WalMart discontinuing all ammo sales. I did not start this thread, I did not title it. The conversation eventually went to the issue of price increases. There was 205 posts, covering discontinued ammo sales, price increases and people’s intolerance of WalMart’s existence and ignorance of capitalism and free market enterprise.

Reactions: 2llc

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Same at our Walmart here. Although the ammo section is now very small compared to what it was. Used to be a full isle had ammo. Now it is a small locked glass case about 10 feet wide, with a a very meagerly stocked shotshell section about four shelves high by 10 feet long. Including the other cheap shells maybe lucky if there was a total of fifty boxes on the shelves. More empty space than shells.

Prices were $7.97/box for STS/Nitro, and AA's. The four Pack Nitro's were $29.97 and the four pack AA's were $29.48.

What it comes down to is if it does not sell, they will not be stocked.

I think that after this year the brass based shells will be history, if not for availability local at any price. When you look at the big picture, the only time shooters purchase these premium shells is when the rebate is offered. Otherwise it is when they have run out and need them, and will pay the full premium price. That will make these premium shells obsolete just simply because of the cost it takes to manufacture, and ship the product and maintain a lower price (with Rebate). With the lower numbers of Registered shooting, and Handicap which is what mainly these shells are shot, I just don't see how they can still be profitable.

I see at minimum, the hulls being cheapened down before the lead, but the prices will remain the same, just like Federal did. It is an unfortunate reality.

Reactions: 2llc

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you were just being helpful which you say you were thats great. But I will reiterate There's to many users on here that think its ok to slam someone for asking something thats already been talked about.There is no subject that has not been discussed on this site. Seriously bet theres been over a hundred on walmart. If everyone just does a search whats the point of the forum? I didnt read previous thread and thanks to this new thread went up and stocked up on sts because they are going up another $1

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,023 Posts
If you were just being helpful which you say you were thats great. But I will reiterate There's to many users on here that think its ok to slam someone for asking something thats already been talked about.There is no subject that has not been discussed on this site. Seriously bet theres been over a hundred on walmart. If everyone just does a search whats the point of the forum? I didnt read previous thread and thanks to this new thread went up and stocked up on sts because they are going up another $1
You should consider one of these.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
first I have never had problem with Mr Baker but IMO trapman has a good point. I started to read the wally discontinue thread but stopped long before it reached the subject of price. I live in a rural market and was fairly sure the local would still carry ammo due to that fact. so I didn't realize that price had been recently discussed. If I had followed that thread I probably wouldn't have clicked on this one.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
I doubt there are few topics that have not been discussed over the years on this forum or any other long lived forum.
I am glad out of $ posted his bit of information as I found it useful. He did not post a request for lengthy discussion but simply commented on a price change...... I was at the local store today and found the same price change on their shelf. Please note I said shelf. At the risk of starting another lengthy beat to death topic the local store has reduced inventory on ALL 'SHOOTING RELATED items.......... just a comment, not a plea for 10 pages of ???????? Larry

·
Registered
32,240 Posts
first I have never had problem with Mr Baker but IMO trapman has a good point. I started to read the wally discontinue thread but stopped long before it reached the subject of price. I live in a rural market and was fairly sure the local would still carry ammo due to that fact. so I didn't realize that price had been recently discussed. If I had followed that thread I probably wouldn't have clicked on this one.
and that is why I posted the link. The thread had many posts about the pricing I thought it would be helpful to make it known. If someone had done a search on STS price increase, that thread would not show up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
As I recall, Nitro's just went up at the Winchester, VA store from $27.97 to $28.97. I save the shells for reloading, so I buy them. My club sells Peters for $6.00 and Kent for $6.50. so the Remington prices are not out of line for premium shells.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
At my local Walmart in KS they went up also, they was 6.97 they are now 7.78, and 4 pack of nitros are 29.97 now. the prices match what they sell AAs for. wonder if remington will start up their rebates on STSes again.
I travel some for work so I will be keeping an eye out at other walmarts in my territory hoping I can find one where they never went up yet

1 - 20 of 23 Posts