Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EMPLOYEES!!!!!!!

I don't care you you are are what you believe about Walmart but this is just wrong!!

Those SOB's won't pay a livable wage or give them enough hours to try to make any money and then they want the public to help feed its employees for the holiday...LOL

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
It is pretty pathetic

·
Premium Member
4,493 Posts
WPT will be so proud.He`ll post shortly telling us the virtues of shopping at Mao Mart...KS-OKIE

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
" a company helping its employees at Thanksgiving."

Poooollllleeeeeze, Even Obama couldn't blow that kind of smoke up somebodys ass!!!! But then I guess the student always tries to out do the master.

Like I said. Its wrong and I don't care what anyone else's opinion is about it!!!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I happen to work for walmart. They pay me better then any other company I have worked for. By far. Yes i have a skill that i acquired before they hired me. Somebody else payed me minimum wage to teach me that skill. I have seen people in this company come in unskilled & uneducated. Start out at minimum wage and work there way into upper management. Yes they promote the people with work ethic and dedication why would you promote anything less. If you want to go places in walmart you don't have to stay at minimum wage you can work your way up. It's like a internship. Like any job it will be what you make of it. Unlike all the walmart haters who started there career at the top and stayed there. This food drive is probably to help out fellow workers like the donation cans in gas station with the pictures of the people who are battling cancer or there house burned down or some other struggle that's above and beyond what everyday throws at us all. In the office I work at we have silent auctions of stuff that we all donate for unfortunate things like that. We also take up donations of coats for school kids that don't have any. You know there might be some good people out of that 2.2 million people that work for walmart. Have a Happy thanksgiving. Rich Schooler

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
How many companies large or small have minimum wage employees?? It's got to be a huge number. We have a small business (38) employees. We have several people that get minimum wage. Several employees that make $12-15 per hour are living on the edge. I guess $20 per would get everyone out of financial trouble? All I know is we give Turkeys at Thanksgiving and similar at Christmas. We give them a Christmas bonus as well, but we always give food at the two holidays.

The above comments always make me think that they are made by a retired union worker that has no fricking clue as to how business runs. They only understand that milking a company into fiancial distress is normal.....

We are proud owners of a 35 year old, very simple distribution business. We have worked 60-70 hour weeks for a couple DECADES. Anyone that is willing and demonstrates that they can work at a high level will advance in job and life.

Those that don't or won't are called "MINIMUM WAGE WORKERS".

Ron & Mary Wilson

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"All I know is we give Turkeys at Thanksgiving and similar at Christmas. We give them a Christmas bonus as well, but we always give food at the two holidays". Good for you and your company. Many companies do the same thing.

So how would you feel about asking your customers to do the giving in your place?

Or better yet how would your customers feel about that situation?

·
Registered
613 Posts
There have been numerous studies of the affect a Wal-mart store has on a local economy, there is always an increase in food stamp and welfare receiptients. In small town America, Wal-mart comes in to town and undersells the local businesses until they close. Many times Wal-mart will then combine stores laying off employees.(Junction City, KS) As a plant manager, I always bought turkeys and hams for the work force during the holidays. I also gave a Christmas party.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Every walmart facility has a Christmas meal for there employees & there family's if they chose to attend. Be it a store or distribution center.

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
WPT will be so proud.He`ll post shortly telling us the virtues of shopping at Mao Mart...KS-OKI

(WPT's Response to KS-Okie) Open Forum ....

There is no advantage to shopping at WalMart unless you want to save money on the same merchandise you can pay more for someplace else ... The amount of customers WalMart handles in a day is staggering and they keep on a commin ... WalMart does have Holiday meals for the employees and their familys, and being the Worlds largest retailer and employer keeps a lot of people off of the street and out of Welfare lines ... None of the big box stores pay any more than WalMart does (most pay less) and any and all of the employees can leave of their own free will at anytime for another place of employment that pays more money, WalMart has file cabinets full of applications on hand to replace anyone who does not like the conditions or amount of money they are being paid ... If WalMart closed tomorrow where would the people be that are now employed because of a WalMart ..? I like to just walk around in WalMart and observe all of the customers and employees with smiles on their faces, then see the lines at the check out backed up 5 and more deep ... WalMart is not only the worlds largest employer, but they continue to give back to the community where they are located to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars yearly ... If WalMart don't have it, you won't need it I always say ... To those of you who do not shop at WalMart we thank you, to those of you who do, Thanks for your support and WalMarts on going success ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

If there was no WalMart, think of how many business's (and employees) who sell to WalMart would go out of business ... Be careful what you wish for you just might get it, then you won't know to shit or go horseback ...

See you all at WalMart and have a Happy Thanksgiving, Jolly, Merry Christmas, and a Happy and Prosperous New Year ... HO, HO, Ho ...

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I don't know if this was the smartest PR move I have ever seen. Having said that, I can honestly say that I've never seen one Wal Mart employee that had a gun to his head while he was working. Maybe they should unionize. Why don't they? Because they are unskilled. I assure if Wal Mart couldn't do without an employee then that employee would be fairly compensated.

My ex-wife started there after we divorced at minimum wage. Within 5 years see was a regional manager in the Optical dept. making about 80 K with a great benefit package. She is not an isolated case.

When I go to Wal Mart most of the people I see shopping at 1st glance do not seem to be people of wealth. Many look as though they may be monetarily challenged. They are there because of the low prices. Is that a bad thing? If you want great prices shop at Wal Mart. If you want good service or a professional with some knowledge of the product you want shop at Mom and Pops. There is room for both Wal Mart and Mom and Pop. Options are one of the hallmarks of a free society.

Darr

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
JT27,

Hold your breath until the demise of WalMart, won't matter what they speak because WalMart will still be here long after that ... WalMart is the only retailer in the United States that sells imported goods if you believe what most mental moronic midgets say ... Its the way of the world so get used to it, like it or not its here to stay ... The consumers themself demanded in so many ways that WalMart cater to importers by wanting to purchase items that are competitively priced and those products are not made in the United States, so get over it ... Free Enterprise, and all retailers do it, WalMart being the biggest is the one who gets singled out for the most part ... If people had the intellect they think they have they would start chirping at those thats caused it, your neighbors and then look in the mirror at your self ... WalMart, KMart, Sears, Penny's, Kohl's etc. and the list goes on and on are catering to their customers, thats what big business does to get, be, and stay successful ... There are not enough American people who will not shop at WalMart to ever make a dent in their business standing ... WalMart does not have to defend itself nor do I, see you at WalMart soon or one that will be coming close to you ... I thank a man named Irv Braun for telling me, "WalMart" buy, buy, buy ,and I did, did, did with no regrets ... I love this stuff ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I'm hearing a different story about this...

Wal Mart does have an employee assistance program. Like many other companies, they have a fund where employees can contribute to help those who wind up having financial problems. Deaths, births, injuries, floods, house burns down, etc. Some companies will even match donations. Both the company my wife works for and my company have such employee donation programs.

The issue appears to be that this Wal Mart donation solicitation was NOT supposed to be made public, meaning it was not supposed to solicit customers. It was strictly an employee donation program.

Somehow these donation notices got put out where the public could see them.

The two obvious explanations, assuming what I wrote is accurate, are someone screwed up, or someone decided to set Wal Mart up.

I think there's more to this issue than meets the eye. I think some critical facts are missing.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
New info claims the photo was actually taken in an employee break room and was never on public display.

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
The REAL Loooozers in this whole WalMart story are the Union butt boyz.

The bigger and more powerful WalMart gets, the weaker the unions get. Of course, if the union guys get the Obamacare waivers that the Crime Bosses are DEMANDING, then I guess the rank & file will just hold their snobby little noses and shop at WalMart anyhow.

Solidarity really sucks, dudnit?

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Last time I was in a Wal-Mart store...I didn't see a single employee chained to their work station.
I did see a number of employees performing very basic ( i.e.: no skills required) tasks...MANY of whom for one reason or other...age, disability, etc. would be LAUGHED OUT OF A UNION HALL if they showed up there demanding a high paying skilled position.
How will you skilled guys with years of experience feel if those Wal-Mart employees are handed the same wage you're getting..???

1 - 20 of 42 Posts