Trapshooters Forum banner

Wally World Mistrust

4548 Views 37 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  Citori_cx
Good news...while visiting Houston today, I found shotgun ammo at Wally World.

Bad news...Shotgun ammo was locked in the glass case behind the gun desk AND a Wally World employee must walk the ammo to the register at the front of the store to ensure it gets purchased.

At 59 years old, I seriously doubt that I could run fast enough to steal anything...but I definitely got the message that Wally World has experienced a rash of ammo theft when ammo is left on a shelf for the public to handle.
Anyone else get this treatment at Wally World lately?
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Premium Member
4,513 Posts
WW employee never offered to ring me up at the sporting goods register...as the register was locked...heck, I had to ring a bell and wait 15 minutes for her to even show up!
I have been to Walmart stores like that and I don’t know why but there is always somebody at the counter at mine. If not, you ring the bell and they are right there.

· Registered
32 Posts

Bad news...Shotgun ammo was locked in the glass case behind the gun desk AND a Wally World employee must walk the ammo to the register at the front of the store to ensure it gets purchased.

At 59 years old, I seriously doubt that I could run fast enough to steal anything...but I definitely got the message that Wally World has experienced a rash of ammo theft when ammo is left on a shelf for the public to handle.
Omg. They have ammo for sale and you are complaining about how they secure the ammunition. Shop somewhere else for shotgun shells if you don't like the rules. Most shotgunners would be happy that they are able to purchase shells at a reasonable cost.

· Registered
36,909 Posts
Depends on locale (crime rate) if ammo at Walmart is behind glass or open shelves. I have been to stores within a couple miles of each other and found both situations. The mistrust is because thieves that steal stuff. It results in revenue loss and higher prices to consumers. Be pissed at the thieves, not the victims.

· Registered
1,828 Posts
At my local Walmart all of the deodorant and hair care products are locked up as well as other concealable medications. I know a fellow who works there and he told me that “ethnic hair care products“ were being stolen at an alarming rate and they had to lock up all hair care products so as to not discriminate. I don’t know which group he was talking about as he didn’t say. Socks and work clothes were also under lock and key. Walmart doesn’t lock up things unless they have to, it costs money. They only do it if the thefts are greater than their costs.

· Registered
344 Posts

I am in Wa state bought 100 pack federals for $22 No one at the counter shelves open and I think you could buy as many as you wanted. Have to show I’d to confirm age-ha I’m 74.

· Read Only
3,349 Posts
I always bought my 12 gauge ammo at the Grand back when they had no limits. My gun club also had ammo. I never did care for Wally World or similar shops. Bass Pro always had plenty of .22 and pistol ammo but that was years ago.

· Registered
12,309 Posts
@cleboje

They installed the glass and enhanced store policy just because of you. They have completed a case study and examined evidence and came to the conclusion that you are the problem and nobody else.

I suggest going on-line and complaining that a store is attempting to protect its assets and telling everyone how you are offended and they are racist.

People have lost their freakin' minds I tell you.

· Registered
1,297 Posts
I've heard stories of guys that will hide ammo on shelves behind other products throughout the store. They do this because that store has a limit on how many boxes you can purchase at once. So they hide more to keep other people from being able to just walk up to the shelf and get it. Then they'll go back in later and get their limit again.

· Registered
7,253 Posts
Has anyone ever been to a brewers exchange in Canada? You walk in a room with no products, order and pay at a window from a printed page. Then you go stand by a conveyor and wait until someone behind another window decides to push your six pack out to you, beat up, dented cans and torn carton and all.

I am thinking that will be the next step for all retail, at least in democrap ran areas. Most of us have seen the brazen, daytime shoplifting video that has closed 15 plus drug stores in San Francisco.

The most prestigious piece of retail property in Chicago, the Water Tower place Macy's store, the jewel of the magnificent mile, has closed up. Gangs of 20 or so blacks running into the store en mass, trashing the displays and leaving with as much merchandise as they can carry is the cause. This was happening multiple times a day. The proven crazy mayor, lori lightfoot, refuses to address the crime issue.

The major cities are all starting to look like the broken society horror films that came out 20 years ago. Of course these are all in the democrap controlled hell holes.

· Registered
715 Posts
I was at the Richmond Tx Walmart yesterday. ZERO ammo...and yes they have a locked cabinet for their ammo storage. I decided to take a chance running over there after seeing somebody say that their local WM had some small rifle primers. I spoke with the clerk at this one and they carry no reloading supplies. First time I've set foot in a WM in probably 3 years.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.