Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was too ugly to be anything but a great actor.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
A great liberal?

Please enlighten us on that and back up your assertion.

I've done several google searches for Beery and liberal or politics, and nothing, absolutely nothing, came up about him with the exception of his leading a group of cowboys running cattle in protest of FDR's new Grand Teton National Park expansion that closed off the range to cattle.

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
He looks like Noah Beery's smarter brother(uncle) to me. Couple dozen beers and he's probably a genius.

Bob Falfa

P.S.
Here's a quote that disproves Wallace's possibility of being a liberal. From his biography, "One of his proudest achievements was catching the largest black sea bass in the world off Santa Catalina Island in 1916, a record that stood for 35 years." Everyone knows you can't teach a lib to fish - they want 'em given to them, non gratis.

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beery and his brother and some of the cast of one of his movies visited my grandmothers farm in central South Dakota. I just happened to be visiting her at the time. He shook my hand and mussed my hair. He was a big man with heavy shoulders and a deep growling voice. I think he's the only Hollywood celebrity I ever met. I am a Left Wing Obama Lover and a staunch liberal. Therefore, so was Wallace Beery.

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RICK BARKER: You're right. I was born in '42 and I just Googled "The Champ", so it couldn't have been that movie. My grandma had some some old pictures of herself with Beery and some of his crew. There was one of me and him together. Somewhere in these past decades I dis-associated my brain with that movie, (his best and his oscar winner.) Sorry for the mis-information. I'm still older than dirt and a liberal so I guess you're right on all counts.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Jackson Hole is quite a ways from South Dakota (opposite sides of Wyoming), but yeah, it's closer than the other movie locations. Good research and good helping hand.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I was aware of the early high rate of fire models vs. the later slowed models, but that gadget on the movie gun is, at the least, interesting. About as functional as the stubby little "silencer" that the bad guy screws onto his revolver...
dju

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I'm told it might be an air actuated action cycler since the blanks would not have enough power to cycle the action.

This was in lieu to having the muzzle restricted so there would be enough back pressure and still provide muzzle flash.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts