Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

walk off the line

6K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Doug Brown 
#1 ·
If you walk to the line and ,for what ever reason, don't like what you see, can you walk off the line and re squad?

#4 ·
4. When a contestant voluntarily withdraws from, or is otherwise
disqualified, and takes no further part in a sub-event after having fired
at 1 or more targets of a sub-event and does not fire at all the targets
in the sub-event, the referee/scorer shall rule all targets not fired upon
“LOST” targets and they shall be scored and reported accordingly.
When the shooter is prevented by reasons beyond his/her control
from completing a sub-event, the scores for that partial sub-event
shall not be recorded or reported. Example: shooters have shot
61 targets of a 100-target event when a storm permanently stops
shooting. The management should report the scores for the first 50
targets only; or

#10 ·
CaliKid -

Only one correction - when you walk off after shooting at least one target you are only scored on the targets remaining in that sub-event (typically 25 for singles/handicap and 50 for doubles). You do not get a score of 0 if you do not start/participate in a sub-event.

Scott

#13 ·
"i understand that rule, i am asking about before anyone has fired a shot.the scorer has not even got in the chair.can you change your mind and walk off the line and shoot at a different time? "

Once you have paid your entry and are assigned a squad, if you decide not to shoot on your assigned squad, it is shoot management's decision as to whether you will be allowed to shoot on another squad. It is also management's decision as to whether to refund your entry if they decide to not let you shoot.

Sometimes it is specified in the program that you can shoot a missed round on the practice trap, but that if you miss more than X rounds, to bad too sad.

Why? Because otherwise the yahoos would decide, the wind is blowing I will shoot later, the clouds are out I will shoot later, it is raining I will shoot later etc etc.

Michael

#19 ·
tracyhunter,

Without trying to sound like a butt, the reason you have for wanting to resquad is not really a legit reason and is one of the reasons shoots don't get started on time. The people doing the squadding have no obligation to tell you who they are squadding you with if you come in by yourself. My advice would be to find four other like minded shooters to make up your squad before coming in to squad. Shoot management will usually always be happy to squad you all together given you are all there together when it is time to squad.

#20 ·
Tracy, you can resquad for a variety of reasons - genrally there will be a fee for that. You don't want to wait until your assigned squad is taking the line to make this decision because by that time it may not be possible.

Then there is such a thing as adding to or distracting from the harmony of the shoot. If you are good guy ,the kind that brings a joke and a few smiles to the squad, then you will shoot where they put you and probably make a few new friends adding to the harmony of the shoot. If you are a whiney little twit that tries to make others feel as if they aren't good enough to be squadded with your greatness , well then that may not be the image you want people to remember.

#22 ·
Tracy,
I have never resquaded because of the other members of the squad, BUT I do prefer to shoot with freinds and people that I know. When possible a group will squad together. If not at most shoots you can at least see the names of the other shooters on your squad when you register. If you happen to be the first on a squad you will get the luck of the draw. Fortunatly most shooters are easy to get along with on the line.

#23 ·
I wouldl be just happy to shoot if I was by myself I wouldn't care who I shot with. Don't give a damn what the weather is or the wind. If everyone else shoot in the same conditions.
What I don't like is a whineass that complains about little things. I am one of those guys that tend to get under those kind of asshole skin. Wild Bill

#24 ·
Most of the larger shoots, as long as you have not paid, you can resquad with no fee. Once you pay there normally is a resquadding fee. In some cases you cannot resquad because there are no other later squads to shoot on. In that case you either shoot or not. It is similar to missing your squad. Normally you can "make up" up to 50 targets on the practice trap for some reason (don't feel well, gun breaks, miss squad, etc.).

If you show up and you just don't like someone or don't like the way someone shoots you had better get shoot managements approval to move. I know last year at the Grand several shooters refused to shoot with at least one individual because they would take about 60 seconds to shoot each time once it was their turn.

#26 ·
Frostyman and others. What do you guys consider a reasonable amount of time to call your target and shoot? Certainly not 60 seconds, but what?

Tracy, its been my limited experience that most are squadded by handicap, but I believe that if you arrive early enough that most shoot management would entertain your request to be squadded by catagory AND yardage if possible. I don't care where they put me, so I have never asked.

Arv

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.