Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you walk to the line and ,for what ever reason, don't like what you see, can you walk off the line and re squad?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've walked off the line many times for the following reasons. Machine throwing Continious broken targets, Lightning, the semi-auto next to me pelting me with ejected shells, speaker problems, poorly thrown targets, scoring problems. Just to name a few.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
4. When a contestant voluntarily withdraws from, or is otherwise
disqualified, and takes no further part in a sub-event after having fired
at 1 or more targets of a sub-event and does not fire at all the targets
in the sub-event, the referee/scorer shall rule all targets not fired upon
“LOST” targets and they shall be scored and reported accordingly.
When the shooter is prevented by reasons beyond his/her control
from completing a sub-event, the scores for that partial sub-event
shall not be recorded or reported. Example: shooters have shot
61 targets of a 100-target event when a storm permanently stops
shooting. The management should report the scores for the first 50
targets only; or

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
As quoted by CaKid ... if you simply walk off ... you are done!

IF there is a problem, call for a Judge or Referee and state your problem ... they will either fix the problem or resquad you.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Key word is if you fired one shot. Once you start that event and fire even one round, when you walk off you have either 99 LOST or 100 LOST depedning if you hit that first target.

Bryan

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
calkidd, i understand that rule, i am asking about before anyone has fired a shot.the scorer has not even got in the chair.can you change your mind and walk off the line and shoot at a different time?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Oh, heck yeah. But like someone mentioned above what do you mean if you don't like what you see?

Bryan

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
At that point I think it may be up to shoot management. I would think if you had a legit reason it wouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
CaliKid -

Only one correction - when you walk off after shooting at least one target you are only scored on the targets remaining in that sub-event (typically 25 for singles/handicap and 50 for doubles). You do not get a score of 0 if you do not start/participate in a sub-event.

Scott

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Yes, thanks. That was copied from the ATA rule book, but I misunderstood in my follow up post. Thank you for the correction.

Bryan

·
Registered
934 Posts
"i understand that rule, i am asking about before anyone has fired a shot.the scorer has not even got in the chair.can you change your mind and walk off the line and shoot at a different time? "

Once you have paid your entry and are assigned a squad, if you decide not to shoot on your assigned squad, it is shoot management's decision as to whether you will be allowed to shoot on another squad. It is also management's decision as to whether to refund your entry if they decide to not let you shoot.

Sometimes it is specified in the program that you can shoot a missed round on the practice trap, but that if you miss more than X rounds, to bad too sad.

Why? Because otherwise the yahoos would decide, the wind is blowing I will shoot later, the clouds are out I will shoot later, it is raining I will shoot later etc etc.

Michael

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK,lets go at this a different way.Is management obligated to tell you the classification of the shooters on the sheet before you sign up to shoot?

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I would say the answer is no. If shooters were allowed to resquad just because they felt like it, no one would shoot in the wind, rain, poor visibilty,
etc.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
tracyhunter,

Without trying to sound like a butt, the reason you have for wanting to resquad is not really a legit reason and is one of the reasons shoots don't get started on time. The people doing the squadding have no obligation to tell you who they are squadding you with if you come in by yourself. My advice would be to find four other like minded shooters to make up your squad before coming in to squad. Shoot management will usually always be happy to squad you all together given you are all there together when it is time to squad.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Tracy, you can resquad for a variety of reasons - genrally there will be a fee for that. You don't want to wait until your assigned squad is taking the line to make this decision because by that time it may not be possible.

Then there is such a thing as adding to or distracting from the harmony of the shoot. If you are good guy ,the kind that brings a joke and a few smiles to the squad, then you will shoot where they put you and probably make a few new friends adding to the harmony of the shoot. If you are a whiney little twit that tries to make others feel as if they aren't good enough to be squadded with your greatness , well then that may not be the image you want people to remember.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.