Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what wads you all are using on sts hulls. Also what wads in gun clubs if anyone reloads them. I have been using the CB1100 in AA gun club sts and nitro.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Fig 8 and occasionally RXP 12. You would be reall happy with the performace of the Fig 8 especially after using that AA wad.---Matt

·
Registered
227 Posts
AA wad work well but I just recently bought a 1000 claybuster CB3118-12A wads which are a figure 8 clone to try. I like the finished shell but they are a little tough getting into the wad guide. The wads are about an 1/8" longer than the AA wads.

·
Vendor
19,102 Posts
AA orange for ounce and an eighth, pink for one ounce.

But Jerry P has it right. It dont' matter. I use he above because I think it does not stress the loader as much

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I've loaded 15,000 CB1100 in AA & STS for 1oz loads.

I also like the DR XL-1. They are a touch shorter so back off the wad pressure a touch and get great loads.

SW

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm surprised to see that I was the only one using the Windjammer 1 1/8-ounce wad. I prefer the Downrange version but I do use the Claybuster from time to time. Works well in either the STS or AA hulls.

Dale

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Windjammer wads are fine if you load with a single stage loader and can inspect the position of the wad petals after you insert it. Otherwise, you'll find that you are getting shot between the petals and the hull as a few petals will fold in when the wad goes in. I've had my shot tube fold and crush half the petals on an otherwise-perfect wad so that the shot was mostly outside the wad petals.

MK

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have no issues with the pedals if you run them through the dryer for a few minutes on low heat. In fact lately the newer Downrange version has been coming through quite nicely with the pedals in the right position.

I have a PW 800 Convertible and an 800C, which are both progressive reloading tools. They both work like a charm with Windjammer wads.

Dale,

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Figure 8 for 1 1/8 and TGT12 for 1 oz, generally. Some of the clones are real good too. Downrange and Claybuster clones have served me well.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I've used the Versalite Wads for many years. The Downrange Versalite is a favorite, especially for handicap. Some people have a little trouble with them in certain hulls. They usuallay work rather well in the Remingtons.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.