Trapshooters Forum banner

WADS: in a labor of (possible) insanity ...

4000 Views 20 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Motordoctor
I have been toying with the idea of (trying) to 'improve' how wads are named, cited and cross-referenced.

While I will freely admit needing to go to school for up to three years to get up to the level of 'ignorant', detangling 'wads' seems harder than Chinese Arithmetic ... <i>especially></i> when trying to make sense of what Gualandi and B&P call their wads, then what BPI & PR ... re-name them.

I'm working from these two charts, but I'd be VERY appreciative of additions, formatting suggestions ... I'll be doing this in Excel, I suspect.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HMB <i>When you finnish shooting, go out and pick up you wads and use them again. This will enable you to make an accurate evaluation of the wads.</i>

Wads? Wads are for sissies ... I don't use no steenkin' expensive wads: just ladle a tablespoon of shot on top of a teaspsoon or two of Bullseye and hammer the open-end folded shut. Yep, a sprightly load it is, but Seitz have ejection problems with it, sometimes.

Remstar, I'll try to re-post the pics, but if you'll send me your email addy, I'll mail them to you. Useful, but confusing to my pea-brain.

Bob

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<i>I had no idea you were wadless, how sad.</i>

Snif.

I agree. If you want to tip a few hundred FedC1 or original Versalites into my begging bowl, I won't be wadless any more.

If you feel exceedingly generous, I'll be glad to get a bigger bowl

Bob

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2 sizes: Federal size and Winchester size.
Several lengths, according to shot amount.
That's all you need to know.
-------------

and
with enough cheerios
or
a 7/16" nut-driver and a 3# engineering hammer,
any wad will work for any load,
yes?

· Registered
17,357 Posts
Large diameter wads for straight wall cases (Fiocchi, Fed, Estatec, etc), small diameter for STS and AA.

Height for the shot column you load.

NO hammer needed. Unless you need to punish yourself for being too complicated.

My personal favorite is the TGT for caps with Titegroup, and the DR lime green for 16 and skeet with Titewad.

In addition, There are nuances of wad underside related to pressure, Olin guy told me all about it one time.

Will you have that category sorted?

HM

HM

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In addition, There are nuances of wad underside related to pressure, Olin guy told me all about it one time.

Will you have that category sorted?

----------------

Sortable and cross-referenced by size/purpose/manuf ... yes, I hope so.

Which depends on if I can get some suggestions and input as i get further along, or whether wise-ass comments and non-sequitors are all that show up.

Not EVERYBODY has been reloading forever and has seen-it-all and done-it-all and can translate winremfedcbdrgualdaib&phelarco on the fly while playing dollar-a-point bridge.

*EYE* load (as opposed to RE-load) for non-standard shells, and have all my recipes done, but most re-load. ... another resource yanno ... "Ehy doesn't somebody ...?"

Well, that's what I'm trying to do ...

And, yeah, the Olin man didn't lie to you.

Bob

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep, Whiz, eventually I hope to be able to have pic x-references.

Here is 1st rev of ONE ounce wads. Please comment on what I am missing or where I am wrong.

Bob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.