Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have developed a recent problem on a MEC 650. When I place the wad on the rammer tube and pull the handle, the wad sticks to the rammer tube and is pulled back up the hull as I raise the handle. The shot drops like it should but since the wad is not all the way down it spills and makes a mess.

The rammer tube in my grabber looks like it has a taper at the end. The rammer tube on the 650 looks square. Both machines are 28g. I have loaded many boxes on this 650 and this is a recent problem. Did I possibly wear out the rammer tube? I would appreciate any advice.

THANKS

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
The tube is held in place by an Allen head screw which pinched the tube, sounds like the tube slipped up, so it’s not pushing the wad down where it should be

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. The tube is clean and pushes the wad all the way down. I first thought the shot "bridging" in the tube. After some trail and error I figured out that the tube was pulling the wad back up as the shot was dropping.

This is a new bag of wads, and they are not snug in the hull.......This could be the problem. Thanks for the tip Shootin'coach.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I had the same problem with a Mec 9000. Thought about installing a .410 shot drop tube but I sold the Mec instead.

·
Supporting Vendor
5,309 Posts
You can trap air pressure below the wad with the powder. If you load quickly the trapped air will push the wad up and can cause the condition you are describing. Try keeping the handle down for an extended time to see if it is really the ram's fault.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the help. I tried a different bag of wads and it worked perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts