Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has some data (pattern density) or just subjective opinions based on how well the targets break using the CB clones in WinAA or Rem CB hulls, 1 1/8 oz 8's for 16 yd using WST or Clays powder, and 1/18 oz 7.5's for 26 yd HDCP using WSH powder, and the variable being the following clones:

WAA12 - CB 1118
RemFig 8 - CB 3118
Windjammer - CB 4118

I'm trying to decide which to use based on performance that others have noticed. Thanks for any input.
bob

·
Registered
12,594 Posts
IMO, I really doubt it makes a Tinkers Damn which wad you use. As mentioned above, hard shot is best. The harder the shot, the better!!!
I myself have always used a AA clone wad. Its the most copied wad in the world, and in all 4 gauges. I don't see the figure 8 wad made in the 20 gauge??? If the figure 8 wad is such a good wad, ask yourself why is its not made in a 20 ga. and 28 ga??? I rest my case. Its in the jury hands now!!! break em all Jeff

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
If one wad gave supreior patterning in a short time there would not be any others being produced, everyone would switch to the best patterning wad. Of course this is if the best patterning wads were not 1.00/500 more expensive.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
I use TGT 12 and 1 oz AA Downrange clone. I like ⅞ oz AA Claybuster clone. Remington RXP 20 gauge.

Reactions: bobinwa
1 - 14 of 14 Posts