Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">
</a>
These are all brass. 3 1/2 inches long and have a quick release key chain holder. available in 12 gauge,20,28 .. 15 dollars each including shipping to you. drop an email for the address Motordoc.

·
Registered
130 Posts
dave,

Shooting a shell with only a primer in it to clear a stuck wad would violate Section IV, I, 11, which prohibits test shots. It also violates the rule against disrupting the harmony of the shoot.

It is also a stupid idea, but that, in itself, does not make it illegal. Suppose the first primer/shell does not clear the wad? Do we wait while the shooter tries it several more times? I don't think so.

Just get a wad knocker or a rod and be done with it, safely and effectively.

My $.02.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why buy a wad knocker outer,go to a local machine shop and ask for any 3/8 or 7/16ths brass bar ends take a belt sander and put a little chamfer on it and there you go.Last summer I took a bunch over to club I shoot at and just handed them out.Just my .o2 cents, Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Well-made, nice-looking. Hope I never need to use it!

For $15, I'm sure not going to leave work early, drive all over town, and pester a bunch of ornery machinists until I find one willing to let me scrounge his shop for a brass scrap, especially if the alternative is help Joe's grandchildren.

Thanks again, Joe.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wareagle2017--- guess you sound like a skeet shooter talking about earing's. How do you get the lead in the pipe--Heat it and melt it??????????? Great idea with lead poisoning and all. If you were a real trapshooter you would understand that this is a great item and you MUST look the part as well as shooting good. This is a real bargain. Just ask Me---I'll tell you the truth and I besides, I have to sell them to buy presents for my grandkids. Motordoc

·
Registered
824 Posts
I got a 410 empty from a skeet field years ago. I filled it with shot and crimped it by hand. It has been a great wad knocker and cost next to nothing. Motordocs are much nicer looking though.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess that I will have to rename the thread and refund all the ones that i have sold already OR send out a recall notice that the units now can have two uses. sorry about any confusion. By the way "pull and mark" guess that you have a lot to add to this thread---don't you. motordoc

·
Registered
234 Posts
I use a 300WBY case with #9 shot and the 300WBY 180 gr bullet to keep it in. For a 410 I have a tube about 5" long that has # 9 shot in it and use a lead 357 bullet at each end to hold in the shot.

Both work fine. Being a good reloader, I usually keep them for the other people to use. ha

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.