Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions needed. What wad manufacturer leaves the least plastic build-up in the barrel? Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
IMO, it was Duster Wads, Micro-Technologies. Downrange has started making Duster wads now. I have not had a chance to load any of the new ones. I hope they are as good. Kevin at Downrange says they are using the same plastic resins that Micro used.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
When I used Claybuster brand I had a lot of plastic build-up in the chokes primarily but a little in the barrel too. All that stopped when I switched to Duster wads. I have not bought any since they sold to DR, but I really hope they are the same as they always have been in the past. I also like the way the Duster went thru the wad guide on the loader, smooth and quiet!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
After every outing I swab my fixed choke barrels with a Tico rod and TriFlow. They've never felt a brass brush for 20, 30, 40 thousand rounds. I use Claybuster wads exclusively. Choke tubes are a different story.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Ditto on what GW22 & Mike C said CBs and factory no problems, only wad I ever had problems with were DR. I have no guns with choke tubes so nothing to compare. Ross Puls

1 - 6 of 6 Posts