Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has a use for this wad, I have about 6 bags of them you can have for the price of shipping.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I had several thousand of them and didn't know what to do with them until one day I got a bright idea to add an old 3/8 inch fiber 20 gauge wad into the shot cup and load them as normal winchester wads. I ran a hundred with them the first time I shot them. Got rid of all the red wads and a lot of the old fiber wads at the same time.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
If anyone has a use for this wad, I have about 6 bags of them you can have for the price of shipping.
Only thing they fit was the old green and blue remingtons and the original paper super target paper hulls. loaded a lot of them.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Only thing they fit was the old green and blue remingtons and the original paper super target paper hulls. loaded a lot of them.
There's data for multiple hulls for loads from 1 1/8 to 1 3/8 depending on the hull. I load a lot of 11/4 in a federal hull. The 12 r. and the sp 12 are my two main wads for game loads.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I used a lot of old ones I had for 1 1/4 oz Pheasant loads in Federal hulls with 4756 powder. It worked well, but then I ran out of the powder and they had quit making it. Bummer.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I used a lot of old ones I had for 1 1/4 oz Pheasant loads in Federal hulls with 4756 powder. It worked well, but then I ran out of the powder and they had quit making it. Bummer.

Jerry
I loaded 13/8 loads for games shooting with 4756. real killer on shoulder and gun. Sure crushed long shots though.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts

Jerry
Just found a four pounder of 4756. I should run out of it the same time I run out of the 12 r wads.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a box (14" x 18" x22") full of them. I can see 12 bags and the rest are loose. The wads are old, but the plastic is still pliable.
I would estimate 5,000 or more, but that is a guess.
The price is $75 plus freight.
Food Cuisine Dish Ingredient Animal product

PM me if interested.
Donny Sanders

·
Registered
10,974 Posts
They make a great 1-1/4 oz. hunting load. I used a lot back when I could use lead for Ducks , I used up what I had. I only load 1-1/8 oz. to hunt with now. AS mentioned above IF you can find some old "All American" Remington hulls you can make target loads with them but I haven't seen any in years.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
They make a great 1-1/4 oz. hunting load. I used a lot back when I could use lead for Ducks , I used up what I had. I only load 1-1/8 oz. to hunt with now. AS mentioned above IF you can find some old "All American" Remington hulls you can make target loads with them but I haven't seen any in years.
Maybe you can remember better than me but weren't the the wad to use on the old super target papers? Can't find all my data but seem to remember that.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
also worked in the winchester paper super target paper hulls.

·
Registered
10,974 Posts
Maybe you can remember better than me but weren't the the wad to use on the old super target papers? Can't find all my data but seem to remember that.
That was what they were intended to be loaded in but ,we loaded a ton of them in the Remington All American hulls, and But YES ,their first intended use was in the old Super Targets I used to have some loading data for them but have long ago lost it. The OLD Super Target and the Remington All American both had a high base wad. As you probably remember the original Super Targets were paper. For some reason people would load paper Federal but not the Super Targets. Never knew why. If I remember correctly ( don't hold me to it because I do good remembering what I had for breakfast) The load in the All American Hull call for a tad less than 17 Grs. of 700-X and about 17 Grs. of Red Dot BUT, as I said I wasn't saving my old data like I do now. I can't really remember what the Super Target load was.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts