Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I had to choose between going to a 1 day ATA shoot or to take a kid hunting. Washington has a Youth only Pheasant Season (last weekend) My kids are too old to qualify now days, so I took my nephew out, who had never shot anything upland. These were his first 2 roosters, and the first wild birds for my Springer Pup who just turned 10 months. They finished up their limit a short time after this photo break. We also got a couple more on Sunday. Pretty good weekend.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I had to choose between going to a 1 day ATA shoot or to take a kid hunting.
There'd be no internal debate whatsoever for me – standing on a concrete slab and shooting at colored pitch targets will never win out over tromping through a birdy piece of ground with a kid and a dog.

I did the dog-handling deal for a bunch of youth hunts when I lived in Northern California. Few things in my life have been more rewarding.

Great job, man!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congratulations! you won more than any buckle or shell bag could ever provide, You gave someone an experience and a memory to carry with them (and got to make another one for yourself), thanks for sharing

·
Registered
856 Posts
Nice work! Glad you guys got them! My son had one good shot and knocked him down over the two days of youth season. Not many birds!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts