Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a W.W. Greener single shot shotgun on a Martini lever action that I am told the Britts provided for India way back when. I saw one made up in a lever action trap gun and it really looked cool.Anyway it is for sale at $350 if anyone is interested.

830 372 4074

·
Registered
16,536 Posts
The chambers on these guns were cut for a special shell, with a step down in the front. This was to prevent the savages from using the guns with regular ammo, if they got their hands on one.

I knew a guy using one too, and he had to have it bored to work with regular 12 guage ammo.

HM

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a W.W. Greener single shot shotgun on a Martini lever action that I am told the Britts provided for India way back when. I saw one made up in a lever action trap gun and it really looked cool.Anyway it is for sale at $350 if anyone is interested.

830 372 4074

·
Registered
92 Posts
The 'Police' version on the Greener Martini action shotgun was chambered for special cartridges as mentioned by HM & Larry. It was used in many countries - not just India, about 60,000 were made. They are normall marked 'PG' or 'EG' on the side of the action

The normal sporting version of the gun - called the Greener GP (marked 'GP' on the side of the action) is the one most frequently seen. It was chambered for normal cartridges (12 & 16 bore - mainly 12). Over 100,000 of these guns were made with barrel lengths of 26 to 34". Special trap & multi-choke versions were available as well as models designed for harpoons of line throwing.

Regards
Russell

·
Registered
177 Posts
We had 4 Greeners in 14ga. in our Kibbutz armoury. They were marked "Police Riot"
Took one - backed out the barrel ,put in a lath and opened it to 12ga for 2 3/4 shells. I think the 14 bore was 2 1/2 inch.
Got some ducks with it in our fish ponds. Must have been around 1976 or there abouts.
Could find strange stuff in the Kibbutz armoury in the 70s--sten guns. carl gustuvs, ak-47s, m-14s, m16s, mi carbines, m1 garand sniper rifles and of course UZIs....not a secret as all gone now.

Thought of some interest to fellow gun "nuts". AS I had a ball shooting the all.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.