Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since it looks like it will be mittens,,,,in order to win back Reagan conservatives and Tea Party members,,,,,,I truly think he is going to have to pick as conservative a candidate as he can,,,,,needs to be:

Experienced in foreign affairs or at least know where and who our enemies are

Have a staunch position on ILLEGAL immigration

Be able to speak well without putting their foot in their mouth aka Joe Biden

Have a long history of being PRO gun and not just in the photo shots

PRO Constitution and SMALLER government

Appeal to women and minorities without wavering on a conservative stance just to make the crowd happy

Has to appeal to the "fly over country",,,,,mitt is HURTING in these areas.....

etc., etc., etc.....

I would like to nominate Congressman Duncan Hunter,,,,,I liked him in 2008, but he couldn't get his campaign funded enough to carry America,,,,,In taking those tests that tell you how you align with the candidates,,,,Duncan was 1 on 2 tests and 2nd to Fred Thompson on the 3rd.....

WHO would you nominate and why

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
The Ron Paulians are going to split the vote, unless Mitt names RP as his VP, or possibly Allen West.

The tea partiers need to be heavily appeased or Romney is going down in flames.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Bigdog,

I'm with you on the Duncan Hunter nomination, however he's kinda young. I live in his district and have voted for he and his Father (Duncan Hunter senior) in every election for years now. They are both great guys and he deserves a shot at it. This is just his second term as Congressman, and is still pretty green around the gills. But he is ALL PRO gun.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
West and it eliminates many issues Romney is dealing with. Including the race card the libs like to play. A strong conservative with a no bs mentality and the military guys and gals i would think would really like it. Love listening to him speak.

·
Molon Labe
11,984 Posts
I also think Allen West would be good, but maybe Mike Huckabee would help him in the south

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.