Trapshooters Forum banner

What is your favorite trapgun?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Tough to narrow it down to just one. I really like my MX-15L and my Seitz. But if I can only choose one, I will have to go with a third choice. The Bi-Star Lamby Special.

· Registered
36,853 Posts
I am confused. The thread title says “favorite gun.” Doc’s post with the survey options says “favorite trapgun.” No Butler, skeeters, sporting clays or 1911 fans need to vote????

· Registered
6,599 Posts
Every maker has multiple models, some only a few and some almost to many to count. Then there are eras within individual manufacturers that can define the best of the best or the worst of the worst.

So while I may vote Browning that vote is for a model that Browning dropped in 1997 and Browning to me after that is drifting into lesser quality.

Someone voting a Model 12 would be voting Winchester of a long past era and not in support of post 64 Winchester.

By manufacturer with few duds

Lujtic, Perazzi, Kreighoff and a few others may be a stand on makers name only.

But half or so of list are to model specific to truely be polled. That to me kills the poll.

Al

· Registered
6,148 Posts
Title says to vote for your favorite gun, not trap gun ;).That's what I did.

Mine is either a Beretta semi-auto 391 or Multitarget, and love 'em both.

I shoot any and all clay target games with both, including trap.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

· Premium Member
170 Posts
Title says to vote for your favorite gun, not trap gun ;).That's what I did.

Mine is either a Beretta semi-auto 391 or Multitarget, and love 'em both.

I shoot any and all clay target games with both, including trap.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!
I am using a Berreta
391 Technis Gold right now and love it. I use a 30" Remington 1100 and a Ruger "original" All Weather 12 gauge Red Label. I really like all three of these shotguns and will shoot any of them on a whim for any clay sport. (A small fortune in chokes has taken care of that!)

I shoot with guys that shoot everything from 870 Remingtons to 30K plus custom trap guns and in the end, the gun definately makes it easier but the guy that shoots the 870 has as much respect from all of us as anyone in our club.

He is a retired Professional Gunsmith, that being everything you can think of in that description. He was the head teacher at a college when there were only three colleges that offered real gunsmith courses in the US. I am sure his 870 has been breathed on by the best in the bgusiness but it has come in more than onee with green camo tape on it!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.