Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been discussed before but at did a search and didn’t find any applicable threads. Will shortening a stock void the Remington Factory warranty? I’ve go a kid with a new 870 that need 5/8” taken off the stock and dad doesn’t want it touched because he claims that any modifation will void the warrranty. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of how these issues are handled?

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'd try to have him call Remington for reassurance if he is that concerned about it. I would imagine they wouldn't be willing to replace the butt stock if something happened to it but anything else I would expect to still be covered.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a $250 gun, is it really that big of a deal to worry about the warranty and make the kid shoot a gun that's too long for him to do well with?

It would amaze you the logic that parents will employ. You explain gun fit and how important it is to shoot well; then get a blank stare with the response of, “well he’ll just have to learn to shoot it that way”.

HSLDS, Thanks for the heads up on EBAY, I’ll pass it along.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Sorry if this has been discussed before but at did a search and didn’t find any applicable threads. Will shortening a stock void the Remington Factory warranty? I’ve go a kid with a new 870 that need 5/8” taken off the stock and dad doesn’t want it touched because he claims that any modifation will void the warrranty. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of how these issues are handled?
I would shorten in several separate cuts so you can add them back in as he grows. Matching spacers that not need to be fitted. jmo.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I recently sent in a used Beretta 400 with a release trigger with a barrel defect. They replaced barrel, as well as bolt pin and recoil spring. N/C.

Call to assure the owner, and if the production is post /17, should come with a Lifetime warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts