Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for annual maintenance so does anyone out there know what to set the speakers sensitivity at. I have heard the best setting is 91-92 db for all five speakers. Does a setting of 105 db hurt anything across the five? Does anyone know or is there a tolerance for the settings that work the best. Where do you buy the resisters at ? thanks for the help. Jerry

·
Registered
453 Posts
Most new speakers are set at 90 db.

However, the specs call for a 2 db tolerance variation in any set of 5, so with one speaker at 105, the lowest would be 103.

·
Premium Member
6,804 Posts
There is a item you can purchase that allows you to set different resistor ranges. More for a lab . youll need several different resistors to try on each speaker other wise. Ive taken several and hook up alligator clips to try on each speaker. When I find the right one I solder one between the leads.

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
we had a sensitivity problem with our wireless canterbury units. I used a gallon size freezer zip lock bag over the entire speaker and that really helped. You can go the resistor route but try the bags first and it might help. motordoc

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I sell the special 1 gallon zip lock bags for $3 each, minimum order 25 bags, shipping included. Please email me for details. Bulk prices available for orders greater than 250 bags.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts