Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else getting a warning from their anti-virus software that there is a problem at ShotgunWorld?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yes, they are having issues today. The virus is called Windows Disk.....

The weblink above will show how to remove it in case anyone gets infected.....

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yes but not when I first logged into the site. I had gone to a profile and was in the process of sending a PM when my anti virus prompted me of the threat and blocked it.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I was wondering where the heck I picked that up. I was just getting ready to copy my wife's files to her new laptop when I discovered all of her files were gone from her document file. I did have them backed up.

I had to run Superantispyware Remover in the safe mode to clean the crap out. After the reboot, her files were back. All seems to be running fine now.

I was at shotgunworld just prior to that.

Doug

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yup, I could not load the SGW site today. Thankfully it was blocked.
I will stay away for the day until they get the situation sorted out.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
<blockquote><I>"...I will stay away for the day until they get the situation sorted out."</I></blockquote>I'd be surprised if they even know they have a problem. That phpBB system is automated and runs off a server that handles lots of other forums just like it. I doubt that even the mods can get in touch with a technician who could run it down.

MK

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My AVG Anti Virus freaked out and blocked me from going there.

I got a pop-up that said Shotgunworld.com is infected with "Exploit Eleanore Exploit kit"

·
Registered
509 Posts
SGW seems to run normally for me - no warnings, etc. But I'm using an Apple computer. Any one else with an Apple have the same experience?

Ted K.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Norton blocked it before I got on. There's a lesson here. Stay away from those other shooting sites, Trapshooters.com is all you need.

·
Registered
583 Posts
No problems for me - but I'm on a MAC. My first foray outside the world of PC's and Windows - gotta say I'm liking it a lot so far. About 1 minute from turn on to up and running and on the www.

john

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
no problems here. However, if the problem is linked to one of their ads, that would explain it, since I run AdBlockPlus, I never see any of the ads they have on there anyways.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.