Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Clazer" is in Beta and holds the promise of being able to have a coach of your own at your home. I hope to test it on my Samsung VR as soon as it is available.

LeadTech's James Northrup said, "Clazer can do for wing-shooting what flight simulators have done for flight training - transform the way new shooters learn correct lead, and help experienced shooters stay sharp when they are away from the range. Virtual reality makes that possible. Everything is to scale, the trajectories and speeds of the clays are realistic and you can even shoot overhead."

LeadTech is working on a patented motion detector to attach to a shotgun so that shooters can play Clazer, with their own guns.

Clazer | The Leading Edge in Virtual Reality Shooting Games

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Lead isn't really hard to learn. It's the nuances like gun weight and energy to start the swing and stop it, OR the carry through the swing that is really what I'd find to be helpful and this is going to help that how?

·
Banned
848 Posts
I usually am all for new technologies and such but... this seems a bit useless. I think, cayars got it right: lead is only a part of the deal - learning control your gun, your body, and your eyes all in unison is what would be more productive practice in my view. But, to each his own... I'd rather spend time at the range :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am planning on trying it. I think the website said there will be demos at Best Buy.
I have a friend who spent $1000 plus travel, meals and hotel to take lessons with a well known Coach. He got minimal uplift from it.

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
I am planning on trying it. I think the website said there will be demos at Best Buy.
I have a friend who spent $1000 plus travel, meals and hotel to take lessons with a well known Coach. He got minimal uplift from it.
What is your connection to the product? You seem to be pushing it pretty hard.

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
Try it when it hits the stores. It will save ammo, hearing, shoulders, and clays - whenever you can't make it to the range.
Same question to you. What is your connection to this product? You seem to be pushing it pretty hard.

·
Administrator
8,582 Posts
"Clazer" is in Beta and holds the promise of being able to have a coach of your own at your home. I hope to test it on my Samsung VR as soon as it is available.

LeadTech's James Northrup said, "Clazer can do for wing-shooting what flight simulators have done for flight training - transform the way new shooters learn correct lead, and help experienced shooters stay sharp when they are away from the range. Virtual reality makes that possible. Everything is to scale, the trajectories and speeds of the clays are realistic and you can even shoot overhead."

LeadTech is working on a patented motion detector to attach to a shotgun so that shooters can play Clazer, with their own guns.

Clazer | The Leading Edge in Virtual Reality Shooting Games
Swamp Yankee you have a PM. Thanks George

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Lead isn't really hard to learn. It's the nuances like gun weight and energy to start the swing and stop it, OR the carry through the swing that is really what I'd find to be helpful and this is going to help that how?
After the Gun goes Bang it does not matter if you follow thru. and really if the lead was soooo easy everyone would be AAA 27 AAA shooters , this tool just might help with learning the things you need to become the best , I am optimistic but have high hopes. Remember the shooter that doesn't try will not get any better. and then you still have the mental game to deal with.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What is your connection to the product? You seem to be pushing it pretty hard.
No connection, I am excited about the possibilities. I did a web search and found them. I need the help

Reactions: chiptex
1 - 20 of 24 Posts