Trapshooters Forum banner

Vintage Perazzi MX8, 34 inch

3156 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  hbar314
This MX8 is one of the 1st MX8's made. It has a rare 34 inch barrel. I bought it as it was fitted with a International stock. I had both barrels Pigeon ported by Pro Port. Then had barrel work completed by Tom Wilkenson, with fixed chokes. A new sporting stock & forearm(SCO) grade was purchased & installed by Dan at Giacomo. The 34inch barrels is a rare find for an MX8 & according to Giacomo was more than likely a special order at that time. So rare are the barrels that Giacomo, Dan & Tom Wilkenson have stated that they have never come across a vintage MX8 with a 34 inch barrel. It was service by Dan & has not been fired since. Looking to sell for $5900.00 I will pay shipping & insurance. Delivered to your FFL from private owner. I can provide additional info to serious interested party.
CONUS
UPDATE as suggested: MX8 serial # range, 35***. Original barrels 730, 18.4. Wilkenson dimensions now, both barrels 738, both chokes at .010. All matching numbers, right hand palm swell, stock length pf pull 14 1/2, straight sporting clays stock. No accessories included.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
1,789 Posts
It may help you to acknowledge the serial number range, Type 1, 2, 3 or 4, what was done by Tom Wilkinson, bore and choke measurements, barrel weight (both stamped and after Tom's work) stock dimensions, spare parts kit, case, matching numbers, etc... Everyone is going to ask, best to get that info out there and save you and interested parties time and effort. You have a very nice looking Perazzi. Good luck with the sale and good shooting, Rey

· Registered
396 Posts
It may help you to acknowledge the serial number range, Type 1, 2, 3 or 4, what was done by Tom Wilkinson, bore and choke measurements, barrel weight (both stamped and after Tom's work) stock dimensions, spare parts kit, case, matching numbers, etc... Everyone is going to ask, best to get that info out there and save you and interested parties time and effort. You have a very nice looking Perazzi. Good luck with the sale and good shooting, Rey
Bill Lawless shot one of these in the early 70's.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked all over the barrels & nothing shows stamped barrel weight. If u can give me some advise as to how to measure actual weight I may be able to do that. I do see the barrel weight on my other Perazzi.

· Registered
3,086 Posts
I looked all over the barrels & nothing shows stamped barrel weight. If u can give me some advise as to how to measure actual weight I may be able to do that. I do see the barrel weight on my other Perazzi.
I just use a kitchen scale for barrels. You can usually change it to grams and leave the forearm off when you do.

That's odd that it doesn't have the barrel weight stamped. I've never seen that happen on perazzi barrels.
It normally is right here:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts