Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
16,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this Large 3N1 Remington Waterfowler Gore-Tex Parka (Wader Version) Insulated
Jacket in the early eighties, for what I considered at the time a small fortune. But well worth it. It has served me well hunting, ice fishing and shooting.
I am now an XL and searching for a quality replacement. Try to find that made in USA quality today. Good luck. Now it can be yours.

It is in mint condition with no tears or damage. All of the zippers work and it retains it’s windstopping, breathability and waterproof qualities.

Made in the USA.
Headgear Label Jacket Cap Shirt

Detachable Hood.
Clothing Outerwear Jacket Camouflage Khaki

Velcro hood seals
Backpack Outerwear Hand luggage Room Bag

Clothing Outerwear Jacket Military camouflage Camouflage

Velcro pockets with shell loops.
Military camouflage Camouflage Khaki Pattern Shorts

Velcro wrist seals
Hardwood Wood Pattern Flooring Floor

Two poachers pockets.
Clothing Outerwear Jacket Jeans Coat

Reversible thinsulate liner jacket that can be zipped into outer shell.
Clothing Jacket Outerwear Military camouflage Camouflage
Clothing Outerwear Jacket Parka Coat

$150 shipped CONUS USPS ground.

·
Banned
16,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I do not know who made the Remington clothing line in the 80's but their entire clothing line was top quality. Remington sadly left the clothing market after a dew short years.
I have another original of these 3in1 Remington jackets in the regular non wader version. Just slightly longer.
Switched between the two when not using chest waders.
When I first used it the rain soaked through the sleeves at the inner seams. Wrote Remington about it. Had me send it back and they replaced it with a brand new jacket with improved 3m seam tape. Never a problem after that.
Those were the days when quality and a companies reputation meant something.
That is why I have been loyal to Remington for a lifetime.
Dog Canidae Labrador retriever Dog breed Carnivore
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Mammal
Dog Vertebrate Canidae Mammal Labrador retriever

·
Banned
16,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I have the same jacket made by Columbia. They may have been the manufacture for all those jackets. Not sure.
While similar, they are different. Both are high quality. Inner jackets were definitely different as was the outer shell. The Columbia product was initially made in the USA
& later produced in Taiwan. All Remington 3N1’s were made here.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wiggys.com. Colorado supplier to the military for sleeping bags and clothing.
Took their gear, including sleeping bag to Yukon and later Kamchatka, Russia for moose. None better in the world and made in U.S. A. Guaranteed.

·
Banned
16,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Wader version is sold.
However I also have this identical full length parka version for sale.

I purchased this Large 3N1 Remington Waterfowler Gore-Tex Parka, insulated FULL LENGTH,
Parka/jacket in the early eighties, for what I considered at the time a small fortune. But well worth it. It has served me well hunting, ice fishing and shooting.
I am now an XL and searching for a quality replacement. Try to find that made in USA quality today. Good luck. Now it can be yours.

It is in mint condition. One small 1” tear that was repaired with the same Goretex camo material. No other damage. All of the zippers work and it retains it’s windstopping, breathability and waterproof qualities. This coat looks new!

$100

1 - 11 of 11 Posts