Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vintage box of Deeks duck decoys for sale. Can't be many boxes of these around. Box is full of the Deeks, but they have melted themselves together over time. Display only. $30 shipped. PM if you would like them. JW

·
Registered
817 Posts
Man, those brought back memories. They actually worked quite well on ponds if the wind wasn't blowing. Just put a marble inside and force it into the little pocket on the bottom of the duck breast and tie your weight line on the outside protrussion and toss them out and you were ready to go. Lot easier to carry than a sack full of wooden decoys. These should be showing up again any day now only made in China.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just came from the garage where I had put away two boxes of those deeks at least 25 years ago, maybe longer. I dusted the boxes and to my surprise they looked as good as new, the reason being that after every use I would dry them and talcum powder them as was suggested by the manufacturer, if I remember correctly. I put the marble in one of them and inserted the metal ring and it looked as if it was ready to go again. I might just bring a box along when we go out tomorrow.
Larry Marvier

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.