Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
My sympathy and prayers for the family. I met Vince in 1978 when I shot at Fresno before going to the California State Shoot at Livermore. Great guy and very impressive shot! I saw him last in 2004 at my aunt Connie's funeral at Tehachapi. I know his wife and Connie were good friends. Ken Nelson, Montana

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Our Condolences to the Compolongo family, Dave/Connie Bishop
Vince will you post the arrangements?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Don't like hearing this sad news. Vince was such a happy guy. Sad, but at least he has no more pain. God bless his family. Please let them know they are in out thoughts and prayers.

Vickie

·
Registered
69 Posts
Followed his squad for many years at the Calif. state shoot. Always competitive and having a good time doing it.

Best to his family

Rich Davis

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I am glad to have been able to have the pleasure to meet and shoot with Vince. I have never seen someone shoot a target as fast as him. Go in peace Vince and be in the comfort of our Lord.

Bryan

·
Registered
36 Posts
If a man's character is measured by the friends he keeps, then measure mine by Vince Compolongo, as he is my friend and forever will be. Rest In Peace my friend. Jon Ackerman

jamsmotorhead_2008_0303.jpg

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The man always had a smile on his face. Does any one remember how he would crush the empty hull from top to bottom when he made a bad shot and then step on it?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Rest in peace Vince, it's been a rough last few years.
My condolences to Kathy and Carter.

Vince was always willing and volunteered to help in any way he could at the club, always had a smile and a laugh.

Vince is probably on squad 1 post 5 right now wondering if Emil is going to show up.

Like Cal Kidd said in an above post not many shot the targets faster out of the house than Vince, the only one I saw was Britt Robinson. He was fun to watch and shoot with when he was really on his game and shooting them right out of the house, especially the doubles.

Vince started shooting ATA targets in 1969 and shot well over 250000 in his career. He is one of the few around here that was shooting when I started and was still shooting as long as he was able.
I will miss you Vince.

Robert Terry

·
Registered
36 Posts
There are so many great and interesting things to remember about Vince Compolongo that it would take his many, many friends forever to recount them all.

One in particular, that comes to me, is my recollection of a day, at a springtime trap shoot. Vince had been sitting on the threshold of his grand slam for many years. He had his 200 straight in singles and his clean 100 in doubles, but his 100 straight from the 27 yard line had eluded him for years and he had confessed to many of us that he just didn't think it would happen, in spite of his many 99s.

Well, on a slightly breezy day, with a hazy background, Vince did it, he broke a hundred straight from the back fence. He was stunned by his own accomplishment. He just shook his head in disbelief, as he repeatedly said "I can't believe it, I didn't think I would ever get it." Then, with only a couple of friends around he let his true emotions show. He shed a few tears, wiped them away and burst into laughter, let out a "Whoop!" and put on that famous smile we will never forget.

A few years later, just after he was diagnosed with that damnedable cancer, I reminded him of that day. Vince did it again, he just smiled, that wonderful smile.

Vince, thanks for sharing. Jon Ackerman

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Vince was a friendly guy to all comers! Smiles-a-lot would have been his native American name! Rest in peace Vince. He was a very quick shot!

HAP

1 - 16 of 16 Posts