Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious about the very high proportion of people "viewing" to people posting. Who are the "viewers"? Do they all have to have Screen names and ID's just to view here? If you are a "viewer" who rarely or never posts, can you say why?

Just curious. What do you all think or does someone know why the proportion is so high?

·
Registered
13,611 Posts

Doesn't take long for a thread to garner a huge number of views. If you get 10 guys that check back 10 times, you're already up to 100 views...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Interesting. I can sort of see not wanting to get possibly flamed. But my experience is that a simple request for information or help, like this one, usually gets a sincere response. Unless it's already been done to death and maybe this one has. But thanks for the responses, anyway.

·
Registered
13,611 Posts

trapshootin hippie- Just clicked on this thread 5 times, and refreshed the main page, and the view count went from 59 to 64. Not sure what your referring to...

·
Registered
3,249 Posts

Anybody on the planet can "view" a thread. Only registered users can start or answer one. Some "viewers" may be the same people over and over again reading each addition. You can get a lot of views with not-so-many people.

MK

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

"Hoverers", huh? LOL! When my boys were little, they used to "lurk" off to my side while I would be trying to read, and I would accuse them of "hovering". Brings back a lot of great memories, but I like the "lurk/hover" analogy. Still laughing - that really is funny!!

·
Registered
147 Posts

Because most of the time I usually have nothing valuable to add to the conversation but would definitely like to know others viewpoints and observations as there are a lot of people on this forum more experienced than I am in the shooting sports.

James Allen

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Okay. Thanks. I don't get involved very often because what I don't know about trapshooting could fill a book. Again just curious -no judgements involved. And nothing wrong at all with being a "lurker" or whatever. The knowledge you can gain from this site is always worth a visit as far as I'm concerned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.