Trapshooters Forum banner

Video report on Remington-Federal-CCI Ammunition

4406 Views 40 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  marbax
Interesting video from President Remington-Federal-CCI Ammunition

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
36,877 Posts
This is the first time I have seen this video and appreciate Mr. Vanderbrink’s effort to squelch rumors in a direct and concise manner.
Maybe so, but duplicate threads have been closed by mods. Just citing a fact. We also have thread after thread after thread, post after post citing shortage of ammo due to component shortages and high demand. Why can’t people keep up?

· Banned
9,591 Posts
......so here we are, 3 mos later, and there is still no ammo on the shelves. Starting to believe this guy is full of crap. Auto manufacturers can get autos on a lot quicker than these companies are making some shotshells!!
Most definitely!
No one wants to admit to the huge shortage of raw materials that exists here in our country!

· Registered
2,505 Posts
......so here we are, 3 mos later, and there is still no ammo on the shelves. Starting to believe this guy is full of crap. Auto manufacturers can get autos on a lot quicker than these companies are making some shotshells!!
Current micro chip shortage is disrupting the supply chain for auto manufacturing.
A local seat supplier is cutting production hours and a nearby auto manufacture is also cutting production .

Supply chain issues are real in every industry now.

· Registered
1,563 Posts
OK,Where is it?

Reactions: 12GAK80

· Banned
9,591 Posts
It is a waste of time to watch that video. He says that they are making shells as fast as they can.

WHERE ARE THEY GOING??

"All the shelves are empty!

"As Fast As They Can"
If you only have 1000 lbs of brass, you can only produce 1000 lbs of product. If each shift, requires 1000 lbs of brass, you can work as FAST as you want and your still only going to produce 1/3 of what your 3 shift capability is.
If there was enough raw materials to run three shifts, then the shortage would diminish fairly quickly.
In the corporate world, he's dodging the real issue, with useless verbiage!

· Registered
803 Posts
It isn't just a shortage of materials, it is a PROFIT factor. If a 20 round box of 7.62 sells for $35 and a box of 12 ga shotshells sells for $9 which product do you think has the largest profit margin? Growth in gun owners is largely in handguns and auto rifles while clay target enthusiasts is either stable or declining, the priority is NOT on shotshells currently.

· Registered
36,877 Posts
Another thing. Few shot shells made in US have brass case heads, just AA’s, STS and Nitros all the others are steel. Where has most of our non ferrous metals, including reclaimed lead been going to? Yes, China. You would think there would be the cheap shell available.

Reactions: ScottinTexas

· Banned
9,591 Posts
It isn't just a shortage of materials, it is a PROFIT factor. If a 20 round box of 7.62 sells for $35 and a box of 12 ga shotshells sells for $9 which product do you think has the largest profit margin? Growth in gun owners is largely in handguns and auto rifles while clay target enthusiasts is either stable or declining, the priority is NOT on shotshells currently.
THERE IS NO AMMO PERIOD!
Don't be niave.

· Banned
9,591 Posts
Another thing. Few shot shells made in US have brass case heads, just AA’s, STS and Nitros all the others are steel. Where has most of our non ferrous metals, including reclaimed lead been going to? Yes, China.
Rick,
All metals are in high demand and on back order. This isn't a US problem, this is world wide.
Major shortages on ALL raw materials.

· Registered
36,877 Posts
Interesting the empty hulls turning up on the fields these last couple weeks. i see brands I have never heard of and shot sizes of 6 and 7’s. Yesterday found some 75 new fired CF AA’s. Had the old style primer, copper color. People must be reaching back in the deep recesses of their stash. Yes, I gathered them up.

Reactions: spitter

· Registered
2,386 Posts
Rick,
All metals are in high demand and on back order. This isn't a US problem, this is world wide.
Maybe it will be easier for everyone to understand, when they hear the cost of food, pet food, paper products are all increasing and/or shortages, for the same exact REAL reasons for the current ammo shortages.

But I doubt it with some, the food, etc increase costs and/or shortages will somehow be politically motivated and another assault on the 2nd Amendment.

· Registered
36,877 Posts
Rick,
Yes, and it started before covid 19.

· Registered
1,563 Posts
Another thing. Few shot shells made in US have brass case heads, just AA’s, STS and Nitros all the others are steel. Where has most of our non ferrous metals, including reclaimed lead been going to? Yes, China. You would think there would be the cheap shell available.
And with the same company that removed brass from all federals including the fed papers now owning Remington ammo the days are numbered for STS and Nitros having brass,just my prediction...

Reactions: MRS. KS-OKIE

· Registered
142 Posts
I don't know where the ammo is. I only know that it isn't on the any of the shelves locally. And the Wal-Mart we visit most often has now stocked other items on the shelves which used to hold shotgun ammo.

The worldwide lockdowns have put a hard bind on numbers of consumer items. We found that out when our clothes washer went out in early March. It does no good to look up reviews of washers if the available ones are limited. Of the two front loaders we decided on either the washer or the stand to install it on were simply not available anywhere close to us. We finally settled on our second choice and got the last washer and the last stand to fit it in a neighboring town. On our first choice we were given an expected in-store delivery date for it and its stand of mid-July. We were told by four different Lowe's stores that the manufacturers say parts and raw material supply shortages are the bottleneck and the lockdowns are the cause.

Our next door neighbor is looking for a new Simplicity lawn tractor and can't find either of the two different models he is interested in. He even called the largest Simplicity dealer in the state, four hours drive away, but they are having severe shortages from Simplicity as well.

The shop we deal with for our Simplicity lawn tractor said his normal first order in early January is 25 of various models and getting them has never been a problem. This year he could only get eight and they were March getting to him. He said Simplicity just can't supply the demand, again because the global lockdown created such a backlog of everything from metals to electronics.

I have no idea if these manufacturers are being truthful or not. I just know that "stuff" isn't coming back as fast as I expected.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.