Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Shot with Vic Reinders more times than I care to admit to and he was a great shot in his time. He also ruled the WGC and WTA with an iron hand even after he was no longer "officially" on either board of directors.

One of my favorite memories of Vic was at a State Shoot a number of years ago and those who remember him will recall he was always "policing the grounds" picking up any trash or litter. Well, a bunch of guys were sitting in front of the Club House smoking cigaretts and throwing the butts on the concrete sidewalk. Vic walked over, picked up all the butts, then turned to them and said, "I hope you bastards all die of lung cancer" and went on his way. Yup, that was the Vic I knew and loved!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just to clarify, Reinders was a "natural" shooter. A bit cantakerous perhaps but a real student of the game who would be just as good today if not better than most of the current top shooters. Recall, if you will, that he carried a very high lifetime average and won many events in bad weather shooting paper shells with felt wads, soft shot, number 3 hole/50 yard plus targets and no voice releases. And, money was a little tight as his shooting was never "sponsored" by a firearm or ammunition manufacturer. Never was a big fan of his but it sure would be interesting to see what he could do with modern equipment/ammunition and the soft targets we currently throw.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.