Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a cheap place to get shooting vests?
We're a brand new college club with very minimal funding and we are looking to get vests this coming spring, and would love them to be maroon in color if we could find some in colors.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
look at browning vests. I bought one at the state shoot and it was only 48 dollars. Might check with beretta and see if they would sell you some at a discount.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought a Winchester branded vest at Walmart for... $15? Maybe $20? Not the highest quality thing made, but I wore it for probably a year and still hand it out plenty to friends who dont have one. Has enough pouch space for 100 shells and bungee pockets for 2 shells.

You can also try one of the combo belt/pouches that also incorporates a hull pouch. Where I live its 100+ during the summer, so I rarely wear a full vest.

Looks just like this one

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Actually my local Walmart used to carry them in the sporting goods section. They were actually some fairly nice vests made by Winchester if I remember correctly. Our High School shooting team all wore them from there and had a local seamstress embroidery their names. I'm not sure if Walmart still carries them or not.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
A quick look at Walmart site indicates they have vests starting at $18.70. You won't find them any cheaper in bulk.

Surprising to me anyway is that they also sell Beretta and other brand vests.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Shoot The Moon - Mike Herman 719-439-1360

If your looking for something more custom and unique for the team....Mike can get any color you want, customized writing on the vest....lots of choices. He makes all the vests for USA Olympic Shooting teams. Not sure if he offers college clubs/vest quantity discounts but it may be worth a call.

Shoot the Moon :: OnLine Store

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Go to the Optics Planet website and you will find great deals. Walmart will be tough to find as many as you need in the same color. Once you get them have names embroidered on them locally. Shoot the Moon is horribly expensive in my experience. Good Luck!

opticsplanet.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts