Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
10,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was cleaning my Z gun HR and wasn’t paying attention. I accidentally used Caesar Guerini oil and grease and after I did it, I realized what I’d done. I immediately soaked the gun in mineral spirits and then completely disassembled it and put all the parts in my sonic cleaner. I hope that my gun doesn’t suffer from barrel regulation issues now, now do I want the finish to start pealing off.
Do you figure that I’m Ok now?

·
Registered
32,249 Posts
Skeet Guns are usually pretty tough and do not need anal attention trap guns require. So you should be good. At least you did not have this mishap with Caesar salad dressing oil.

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
Italian guns prefer extra virgin olive oil. Instead of mineral spirits you should have used vinegar. If that combo doesn't clean and preserve the gun, at least you have a nice salad dressing!

·
Registered
32,249 Posts
Hopefully Wadhopper will be able to help you with your problem!
yes, according to docbombay, wad covers himself in oil on a regular basis.

·
Registered
32,249 Posts
Reactions: wahtsamoie

·
Banned
16,308 Posts
Lessee,

So far this week it’s been Kolar & CG.
Who’s next?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
What were you doing with Caesar Guerini oil and grease? Next thing you will be tellling us you accidentally put Kreighoff grease on your gun. The effects of that may not be reversible.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
So, I was cleaning my Z gun HR and wasn’t paying attention. I accidentally used Caesar Guerini oil and grease and after I did it, I realized what I’d done. I immediately soaked the gun in mineral spirits and then completely disassembled it and put all the parts in my sonic cleaner. I hope that my gun doesn’t suffer from barrel regulation issues now, now do I want the finish to start pealing off.
Do you figure that I’m Ok now?
l just use WD-40 for everything!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts