Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for approximate value of Winchester Model 94 30-30 serial # 225XXXX. Gun is in good condition, clean bore, minor handling and hunting dings. Good to Very good condition? I was offered this gun at about $300. Seem like s good deal? Any information appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
2,25x,xxx puts it in the serial number range for 1957 production year.<br>
<br>
That makes it a "pre-64", and as such, it's worth more than a "post-64".<br>
<br>
It would be worth $300 in nice condition. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. (And I have bought pre-64's from that time period, though with well worn blueing, for $175 to $225.)<br>
<br>
As far as I'm concerned, the post-64 models are junk and aren't worth my time, with the sole exceptions of collector pieces, like special runs.

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
I have a pre 64 Model 94, 30-30 that I picked up at a garage sale for $200, I don't think its ever been shot because I got a full box of ammo with it ... $300 would be a good price just to have around being as they are great little rifles ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mike, although the BLUE BOOK is a great reference guide, I take the *values* with a grain of salt. If anything I have found the prices to in there to be low to conservative at best. A good idea to see how much it is worth is check out www.gunbroker.com and look at the Completed Auctions for a similar item. At $300 there is a good chance you could buy this to flip and double your $$$.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.