Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I didn't know they made one of these in 20ga, but if a trap model exists, I bet it would be a neat curiosity.

Many nice days spent in the field with a 20ga 37 when I was in school. That nice day got a little hiccup when I pulled the trigger, because at 5.5 lbs, it kicked the fillings out of my teeth. But a neat gun anyway. That little orange Raybar sight was the look of death.

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
I've owned 37T's in 12--16 and 20 ga. They are great little guns. In 20 ga. an unaltered exc. example would be worth $650-$800 depending on wood figure and how bad you wanted it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
There are many factors that determine Model 37T values. Pre-war or not is probably the biggest. Was the game scene hand chased is another big determination. Being all original and condition like any gun matter as well. Buying a mint condition field grade M37 for $400 isn't a bad price. The target grades are worth much more. There is a decent market for the higher end Ithaca M37 and a lot of us collectors are out there. I recommend Walt Synders book "Ithaca Featherlight Repeaters...The Best Gun Going" for anyone looking to learn a bunch about them.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Need pictures of the 20 and the 16. I hope you have contact information on the owner of the 20T.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.