Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me the value of an IAB Marcheno [made in Italy}I am helping coach a Local trap team and I have a single mom trying to buy this gun for her son to shoot. They are wanting $800 I have never heard of this brand but this seams a bit too exspensive. I search the internent a could not find very much about this brand. The gun is a single shoot breakopen. I will try and post a picture a later.
kfen_2011_2905.jpg

kfen_2011_29051.jpg

·
Sky Buster
4,127 Posts
Finding parts for a IAB can be a problem. The gun is probably
worth about $650.00 You would be better off finding a clean
BT-99 or 1100. IAB's have not been imported into the US for
over 20 years.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I shoot a IAB unsingle and just love it, infact I just bought one from Mike Mann who owns White Creek Gun Stock Blanks on this site and picking it up from my FFL guy tomorrow. Mr Mann is a walking encyclopedia on these guns and is absolutely a pleasure to talk with. These are no longer made and are a work horse. The gun values book doesn't even list them, only says its worth what a person is willing to pay. I payed $800 for my combo set back in the mid 1980s. I belive i payed to much BUT I dont regreat it. Hope this helps.Mike and I love these guns. Give him a shout I'm sure he will help you. He's helped me A LOT!!!. Dan.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
If the gun has a polished finish on it, the quality is better. If it has a matt finish they were the last ones brought into the States and were not very well done. They shoot very flat.

I have had four sets of these guns and I like them, but that being said I would not put a new shooter in one. Parts are hard to find. Yes, I know Mike has some parts and I have some but one of the weak spots in the guns are the strikers(firing pins) if you forget and drop them on a empty chamber they will most likely break. The have to be fit and it takes a good gunsmith to do it.

I would look for a more durable gun for a young shooter. BT99,1100,870 etc.

Ajax

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Hi Mike, I hope you're doing well.

BTW I did smile a little after the Washington State Doubles :)

Ajax

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.