Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been offered a browning 425 sporting clay gun. 32 inch barrel and adjustable comb in a browning hard case. Lever far to the right very little wear. The stock has been cut but pad added to make same length of pull. Any Idea as to value? haven't seen a recent one listed on the web.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
I have the same outfit (425, 32" barrel, factory adjustable comb) but my stock is factory and I do not have a case which would be worth about $100. I do have a full set of Angle Port extended chokes worth about $75 - $100. I would be asking $1650, but would not take less than $1500 - based on what I see in the Blue Book. If you can get it for $1500 or less it sounds like a worthwhile buy. Regards, Ed

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He seems to be firm at $1600. No extra trigger shoes and only three factory flush style chokes
Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I, too, have a 32" 425. Great shotgun. If you want a shotgun for sporting clays that you probably won't live long enough to wear out and you don't mine spending $1600.00, go for it. I don't think you'll regret it.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
That's reasonable if you like the gun...a 32" gun is much harder to find.

There may be some out there for less.... but there are some out there for more $$$ too..

If it's a "nice" gun and I owned it with the case...$1600 would not buy it.

A lot of folks try to buy them with enough room to make a dollar or two on them when they resell. I pay more for a like new used gun...because they are all used in "one" shot, and I like almost perfect guns.

There is a difference between burlap and silk...only you can tell which one it is. We can't see it...

Just sayin' ...Stan..

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
When the 525's came out I took my 425 in to trade. I ended up keeping my 425 12 ga and instead bought a new in the box 425 20 ga. The 525 was/is a fine shotgun but I couldn't see trading up IMHO.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Jeff, congratulations on your purchase of IMO a fine shotgun that will probably give you a lifetime of shooting pleasure. Enjoy it. Mike....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts