Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a Browning BPS Grade III in 12 ga. with a 28" barrel with Inv. Plus chokes.
It has a silver engraved receiver with ducks and pheasants and a gold trigger. It has oil finished grade III wood. It is as new except for a few storage scratches on the top of the receiver.
My Blue Book doesn`t list this model.
Does anyone know the values of this gun?

Thanks, Dennis

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M4R

Thanks for the heads up.
Any one else have a high grade BPS?
Or know the book values.

Regards, Dennis

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can't give you a book value but, I recently bought one and this is what I have found out about them since. According to the research done by my local Browning dealer, that gun was the 2004 SHOT show special. It was built to order only and the MSRP was $769. The one I bought was NIB and I paid $725 shipping included. No bargain, but a fair price given it was unfired, in the box and the few that are out there. Nice gun with nice wood and engraving.
Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greg,

I really appreciate you taking the time for your reply.
I`ve searced the web and the only one I could find for sale is this one at Bedlans.

http://www.bedlans.com/Browning%20Pump.htm

The price seems inflated.
What do you think?

Thanks again.
Regards, Dennis

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I would think this is a 150-200 dollar gun or less with the description of scratched-

Is there some immediate collectors value on those models?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here`s one that`s been sold

http://www.gunsamerica.com/939700857/Guns/Shotguns/Browning-Shotguns/Pump-Action/Hunting/Browning_BPS_Grade_III_12_Gauge.htm

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
"GENE THE APPRAISER" is BACK, LOL!!!!

Gene, this kick in the lowballs was not quite as offensive as back in your heydey, but it was still delightfully preposterous! Welcome back!

Oh man, I've got a little coffee coming out of my nostrils.

-Gary

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I was just asking- a scratched up browning bottom eject gun that is no longer made--

So these are collectors?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
16,724 Posts
Well........Geez, I guess then an Ithaca Dollar grade must be worth about 3-400 since it's no longer made?

Wotta Doofus

HM

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.