Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy a Remington 3200 Premier that I am fairly certain is unfired, 30 inch mod and full. Straight Trap stock with very nice wood. They are asking the wrong price but I don't know what the right price is. What do you guys think? The gun has been updated and if not unfired it is so stiff its hard to open. The wood is very nice but not as nice as has ever been put one one of these. IN the real trap world what do you guys think this is worth?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Things like original box and paperwork make a difference. I think Phatkaw is very close with his pricing and on these guns the wood quality means a lot!

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
is it a premier 1 of 500, 1 of 100?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Things like original box and paperwork make a difference. I think Phatkaw is very close with his pricing and on these guns the wood quality means a lot!
So, Mr. Jeff, what's the deets on the accouterments? For me, the wood quality is the price driver, I'm thinking low $2000's? Maybe this thread will help from less than 2 months ago, I thought the pricing was quite reasonable.

Sold - Pair of Remington 3200

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guy wants 4500 dollars and yes it is IM/F. I didn't take any pictures but it is not a 1 of 100 or 1 of 1000 or anything like that. It is just Premier in gold letters with a normal serial number as far as I could tell. I know they made the Premier Pigeon guns but this isn't one them.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is it a premier 1 of 500, 1 of 100?
No its just a Premier. Not a one of anything. This guy died and somehow the family got hooked up with a local gun shop and weather they priced them or the family did the prices are just way too high. They have a 30 inch XT Trap and I think they want 2800 dollars for that one. A Superposed that seems to be new but 3800 for that one. It is amazing too see the Remington and the Browning in new condition but these prices are just too high but that said the Superposed points like a laser for me!

·
Sky Buster
4,169 Posts
No its just a Premier. Not a one of anything. This guy died and somehow the family got hooked up with a local gun shop and weather they priced them or the family did the prices are just way too high. They have a 30 inch XT Trap and I think they want 2800 dollars for that one. A Superposed that seems to be new but 3800 for that one. It is amazing too see the Remington and the Browning in new condition but these prices are just too high but that said the Superposed points like a laser for me!
I'd say $2,200 top's.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
does this gun have a 1 pin or 2 pin receiver, if it has the 2 pin receiver you might need to have the updates done, 4,500 seems way over priced

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
A friend has a 3200 trap, 32 inch im. mod/full that he wanted to sell for $1,700. I found the gun for him 5 years ago for $1,450 new in box. I turned him down. He now has it at an auction house, I think the auction is on June 17 but not positive. I doubt he put a flat of shells thru that gun.
The guy he got it from had the 3200 and a 90T both unfired, in the boxes. You don't run across that often.

·
Registered
871 Posts
We need Nitro27man Scott to jump in here. I was under the impression that the only 3200s marked Premier were the 1 of 500 or lesser numbers, like 1 of 100 etc.. Then you also have the Sabatti made Remington Premiers, which are nothing like a 3200 and I'm quite sure SuperX Jeff knows the difference. Just surprising to me that it's not marked as a one of something. Help us out Scott.

·
Registered
276 Posts
We need Nitro27man Scott to jump in here. I was under the impression that the only 3200s marked Premier were the 1 of 500 or lesser numbers, like 1 of 100 etc.. Then you also have the Sabatti made Remington Premiers, which are nothing like a 3200 and I'm quite sure SuperX Jeff knows the difference. Just surprising to me that it's not marked as a one of something. Help us out Scott.
ganger: The Premier's showed a normal serial# never 1 of (like 1000's} As I remember serial# had the # and INT meaing international. They could be purchased thru the PX, only available in Europe the one's hear are one's that came back. Available as trap only and I think only stright comb only never seen M/C It's really a 1 of 1000 just says Premier. Nice gun mine was KILLER!! wood and like new and I sold it for $2800 Correction on serial# it would say RPI ( Remington Premier International)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Copperjohn, thanks for the info. I have never seen one up close, just always understood that there were only the 500 made. Anyone got a pic of the receiver of one of these guns?

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
ganger: The Premier's showed a normal serial# never 1 of (like 1000's} As I remember serial# had the # and INT meaing international. They could be purchased thru the PX, only available in Europe the one's hear are one's that came back. Available as trap only and I think only stright comb only never seen M/C It's really a 1 of 1000 just says Premier. Nice gun mine was KILLER!! wood and like new and I sold it for $2800 Correction on serial# it would say RPI ( Remington Premier International)
A guy at our club taught at Lahr Germany and bought his 3200 at the PX...was a Premier...beautiful wood. He didn't have the temperament to shoot the second target in doubles..lol...blamed the gun...asked me to shoot it and tell him what I thought. Broke a 47x50 and handed the gun back to him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts